Home / Tag Archives: burfi
Til Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 cup Til(sesame seed)
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1 cup Jaggery
How to make Til Burfi:
- Roast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet.
- Grind them coarsely in a blender.
- Now heat the jaggery in a thick bottomed vessel till it melts completely.
- Mix all the ingredients along with grounded sesame seeds in a glass dish.
- Microwave the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Grease a tray with butter and leave aside.
- Stir the mixture properly and microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Remove it when bubbling starts.
- Stir till it becomes thick.
- Spread the mixture on greased tray.
- Cut in squares when cool.
- Til Burfi is ready.
Sev Burfi Ingredients:
- 4 Cups sev (murmala)
- 1 Cup rose water
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups mawa
- 1 tsp Saffron colour
- 1 tsp Yellow colour
- 12 tbsp Milk powder
- 5 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup pista (whole)
- Oil for frying
How to make Sev Burfi:
- Combine milk powder, cardamom powder, plain flour, baking powder, butter and pista in a bowl.
- Make dough by gradually adding milk till soft.
- Boil the sugar with water to form syrup.
- Add the saffron and yellow colours.
- Now reduce heat.
- Soak the Sev in rose water for about 10 seconds to make it soggy and to absorb the smell of rose water.
- Quickly place the sev and mawa into syrup and stir it.
- Grease a baking tray and pour the mixture on it.
- Decorate with silver vark.
- Cut into any shapes (e.g. diamond, square or rectangle) when cool.
- Sev Barfi is ready to serve.
Cocoa Burfi Ingredients:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 4-5 drops chocolate essence
- 50 gramss khoya
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 25 almond (if preferred)
How to make Cocoa Burfi
- Dissolve cocoa powder in half a cup of milk, making sure there are no lumps.
- Melt butter in a pan and cook khoya in it.
- Add milk with cocoa powder and stir till the mixture is thick and dry
- Mix chopped and/or cut almonds if preferred
- Remove from fire and transfer to a tray.
- Decorate with fresh cream; put in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- 1 cup Walnuts (roasted)
- 1-1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Nutmeg Powder
- Cardamom Powder
- Keep one fistful of nuts aside and grind the remaining walnuts into powder.
- Now heat the milk and sugar together.Stir continuously till it thickens.
- Add in powdered walnuts. Mix thoroughly and keep stirring until, the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now add the whole walnuts, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix thoughroughy and remove from the flame.
- Spread this on a greased plate or sheet.
- Keep in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Cut it into square shaped pieces.
- Walnut burfi is ready to serve.