Apple Bundt Cake Ingredients
4 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 1 1/2pounds), peeled, cut
into 1/3-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
How to make Apple Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Mix apple pieces, 5 tablespoons sugar and ground cinnamon in medium bowl. Combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla extract in large bowl; whisk to blend. Stir flour, baking powder and salt into egg mixture. Spoon 1 1/2 cups batter into prepared Bundt pan. Top with half of apple mixture. Cover with 1 1/2 cups batter. Top with remaining apples, then batter.
- Bake cake until top is brown and tester inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Turn cake out onto rack. Cool at least 45 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Pecan Sour Cream Pound Cake is ready to serve.