- Whole Wheat flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Broccoli – 1 bunch
- Onion – 1/2 (minced)
- Garlic – 1 clove (minced)
- Green chillies – 2
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Carom seeds or bishop’s weed (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for making parathas
How to make Broccoli Paratha:
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
- Bring some water to boil and add app. 10 florets to it with some salt.
- After 2 minutes remove the florets and grind it into a fine paste with turmeric powder, garam masala and green chillies.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, the ground mixture, some minced onions, garlic, carom seeds and salt.
- Knead it like chapatti with required water.
- At this stage you can let the dough rest for some time.
- Make small balls similar to chapatti.
- Roll out each ball similar to making
- Heat a griddle and put the paratha on it.
- Pour few drops of oil/ghee on top.
- Cook till both sides are browned.
- Serve with pickle, curd or some spicy gravy.