Home / Tag Archives: brittle
Sesame Brittle Ingredients:
- Jelly roll pan
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
How to make Sesame Brittle:
- Spread the sesame seeds on a large cookie sheet with a rim or a jelly roll pan. Toast them at 350 degree F for 15 minutes. Stir the seeds around every 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted seeds in a medium saucepan. Add the sugar, corn syrup, water and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes without stirring once the mixture has come to a boil until it reaches 270 degree F on a quick-read candy thermometer. Grease a jelly roll pan with butter or cooking spray and set it on trivets or hot pads to protect the surface below.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Stir in the baking soda. Pour the hot mixture carefully onto the jelly roll pan and spread it to 1/4 inch thick with a metal spatula.
- Set the jelly roll pan aside and let it cool completely.
- Break the sesame brittle into pieces. Store in a covered, airtight container for several days.