Recipes for brinjal curry
Brinjal – 4 to 5, cut into long pieces
- Onion – 3
- Tomato — Two
- Green Chilli – Two
- Turmeric Powder — One to two teaspoon
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Chilli Powder as required
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard Seeds — 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – One and a halfcup
- Curry Leaves – to garnish.
How to make Sri Lankan Brinjal Curry
- Warmth a skillet over moderate warmth as well as stir-fry the brinjal.
- In the exact same skillet warmth 3 tblsp oil.
- Include mustard seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Fry till the actual onion gets brown.
- Add the actual tomatoes and still fry for any few minutes.
- Adding the actual coconut milk.
- Steam in moderate heat till thick.
- Add brinjal and salt. Allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
- Garnish along with curry leaves.
- Function hot with rice.
Sri Lankan Brinjal Curry is ready to serve.
Brinjal and Drumstick Curry Ingredients:
Onion – 1, slit lengthwise
- Drumsticks – 2
- Potatoes – 2
- Brinjals – 4 to 5
- Tamarind extract – very little
- Fresh Coconut – 1 tblsp
- Vangibhath Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
How to make Brinjal and Drumstick Curry
- Cut all the vegetables into 2 inch pieces lengthwise.
- Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves and then onion.
- Fry till transparent, add other vegetables, fry for a minute, pour diluted tamarind extract (just enough to cover the pieces) and cook till vegetable becomes soft.
- When moisture is absorbed completely, add salt, vangibhath powder, coconut and mix gently for one minute.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with rice.
Brinjal and Drumstick Curry is ready to serve.