Brinjal and Drumstick Curry Ingredients:
Onion – 1, slit lengthwise
- Drumsticks – 2
- Potatoes – 2
- Brinjals – 4 to 5
- Tamarind extract – very little
- Fresh Coconut – 1 tblsp
- Vangibhath Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
How to make Brinjal and Drumstick Curry
- Cut all the vegetables into 2 inch pieces lengthwise.
- Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves and then onion.
- Fry till transparent, add other vegetables, fry for a minute, pour diluted tamarind extract (just enough to cover the pieces) and cook till vegetable becomes soft.
- When moisture is absorbed completely, add salt, vangibhath powder, coconut and mix gently for one minute.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with rice.
Brinjal and Drumstick Curry is ready to serve.