Home / Tag Archives: brinjal achar
Tag Archives: brinjal achar
Brinjal Pickle Ingredients
- 1 kg long brinjals washed and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup refined oil
- 2 pods garlic, ground or chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger ground or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cups vinegar (white)
- 1-1 1/2 cups sugar (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
How to make Brinjal Pickle
- Soak the chilli powder, cumin seeds, mustard powder, fenugreek seeds and turmeric powder in the vinegar for at least 1/2 an hour. Grind together.
- 2 Heat the oil in the pan and fry the ground spices, ginger and garlic in it for 10-15 minutes.
- 3 Add the salt and sugar.
- 4 Bring to the boil and add the brinjals. Stir well and continue to cook on a very slow fire till the brinjals are cooked and the mixture has thickened.
- 5 Cool, bottle and store in a dry place.
Brinjal pickle is ready to serve immediately.