Roasted Garlic Chicken Breast Ingredients:
- Canola or olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Black pepper to taste
- Seasoning salt to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 medium sized carrots (or 1 large), sliced thin
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced thin (sweet potato can be substituted)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil or any other herb du jour (herb of choice)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, champagne, apple juice, or chicken broth
How to make Roasted Garlic Chicken Breast:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 2 1/2 foot long piece of foil in a 9″x13″ baking pan. Coat top of foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in middle of foil. Sprinkle tops with pepper and seasoning salt to taste if desired. Add olive oil to small cup. Peel garlic cloves and dip in oil. Drop 3 garlic cloves evenly over each chicken breast.
- Lay onion slices over the chicken. Then spread carrots over the onion and potato slices over the carrots. Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle top with chervil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top, then drizzle with wine.
- Fold foil over to wrap chicken and vegetable mixture up well. Bake for 1 hour. Cut into center of chicken to make sure chicken is cooked throughout. To double this recipe, make two foil wrapped chicken and vegetable packages. They will both fit in the 9″x13″ baking pan. They will still bake for 1 hour. To serve, make sure every portion has a chicken breast and a sampling of the various vegetables. Drizzle some of the juices over the top.