Recipes for bread pudding
Bread Pudding Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread, allow to stale overnight in a bowl
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brandy
How to make Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, and pecans.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce:
- Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Inactive Prep 24 hr 10 min
Cook 50 min
Total: 25 hr 10 min
Pumpkin Bread Pudding Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old baguette or crusty bread
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
How to make Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Whisk together cream, pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, yolk, salt, and spices in a bowl.
- Toss bread cubes with butter in another bowl, then add pumpkin mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish and bake until custard is set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
yield: Makes 6 servings
active time: 15 min
total time: 45 min
Butterscotch Bread Pudding Ingredients
1 (10.75 ounce) loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
How to make Butterscotch Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a “thigh wiggle” or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.) Serve warm or cold.
Butterscotch Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 10 Min
Pineapple Bread Pudding Ingredients
10 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
How to make Pineapple Bread Pudding
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 4 minutes; turn over and bake 4 minutes longer or until very light brown. Cut toasted bread into 1-in. cubes. Toss with melted butter; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Add the pineapple, currants, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Pineapple Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:55 Min
Banana Bread Pudding Ingredients:
1 loaf French bread
- 2 tblsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Bananas, mashed
- 4 cups Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp freshly ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Splash of rum (optional)
How to make banana bread pudding:
- Cut the lof in small cubes.
- Put the cubed loaf in a bowl.
- Now pour the milk on it and keep it aside for a hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Pour this mixture onto the bread mixture and then spread the mashed bananas and raisins.
- Add rum, cinnamom and nutmeg powder.
- Pour this mixture on the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and then let it cool.
Banana Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Italian Bread Pudding Ingredients
5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package frozen mozzarella-and-Monterey Jack cheese Texas toast, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to make Italian Bread Pudding
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Layer half of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with half each of tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour egg mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Texas Toast.
- Texas Toast Bread Pudding: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Sausage Roll Casserole: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Increase cheese to 1 1/2 cups. Substitute 1 (18-oz.) package frozen sausage wrap rolls for Texas toast. Break apart sausage rolls; cut each roll crosswise into thirds, cutting across sausage. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Italian Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min.
Chill: 4 hr.
Bake: 55 min.
Stand: 5 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings