Home / Tag Archives: bread dessert
Tag Archives: bread dessert
Bread dessert Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 ripe bananas, crushed
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or both)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
How to make Bread dessert:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 5 x 10 x 3-inch loaf pan or a Bundt pan
- Cream sugar and shortening, mixing well.
- Beat eggs then add to sugar and shortening.
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- Add flour to sugar, shortening, and eggs mixture.
- Add buttermilk, crushed bananas, and nuts.
- Mix well (batter will be lumpy).
- Bake approximately 40 to 45 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Drizzle molasses over the top while the bread is still warm. (If less sweetness is preferred, the molasses may be omitted.)
- Serve warm with margarine or butter.