Recipes for bread
Banana Bread Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
How to make Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream
together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well
blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into
prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center
of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto
a wire rack.
Banana Bread is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr 5 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 20 Min
Pitta bread Ingredients
200gm or 7oz plain white flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of caster sugar
- ½ level tsp fast-action yeast
- 1tbsp essential olive oil
- Baking sheet
How to make Pitta bread
- Place the flour in a bowl and stir in the salt, sugar and yeast. Add the extra virgin olive oil to 125ml (4fl oz) domestic hot water and pour it in the flour. Mix the ingredients together right into a dough. Knead it approximately 8-10 mins, either by machine or by hand, until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into a ball and place it in the lightly greased bowl. Cover bowl with cling film leave in the fridge not less than 4 hrs, or overnight, before using, until dough has doubled in dimensions.
- Set the oven to gas mark 7 or 220°C. Place the baking sheet inside oven to heat.
- Remove the dough from your fridge and knead it lightly on the surface dusted with flour, to knock mid-air out of it. Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Bake 4 pieces at time. Roll each little bit of dough out very thinly for an oval, about 15 x 10cm (6 x 4in). Place ovals for the hot baking sheet and bake for about 3-4 mins, until breads have fat. Turn them over and cook to get a further 2-3 mins, so they’re a light-golden colour on sides. Use the still-hot baking sheet in order to smoke the remaining pittas.
- Best eaten freshly baked, serve the pittas hot with dips, such as houmous and taramasalata. Not suitable for freezing.
Pitta bread is ready to serve.
yield: 8 servings
Chilli Cheese Bread Ingredients
1 cn (4-oz) chopped green
- 3 c Bisquick original baking mix
- 2 tb Instant minced onion
- 1 tb Chilipowder
- 1/3 c Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Stick margarine or butter;
How to make Chilli Cheese Bread
- HEAT oven to 400 degrees. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2-inches. Reserve 2 tablespoons chilies for topping. Mix remaining chilies, the baking mix, onion, chili powder, milk, eggs and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread in pan. SPRINKLE with remaining cheese and reserved chilies. Drizzle margarine evenly over top. BAKE about 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately. 16 to 20 servings. From . Downloaded from G Internet, G Internet.
Chilli Cheese Bread is ready to serve.
Rosemary Focaccia Bread Ingredients:
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- coarse salt
How to make Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the warm water, and let sit 10 minutes until bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Ts. of salt, yeast mixture and remaining water.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then your hands.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand for a few minutes or until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and place on an oiled baking sheet, forming into an oval or circle.
- Dimple the top surface with your finger tips, and then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Variations: Instead of the rosemary, you might add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chopped sage to the dough with some Fresh Parmesan on top.
- Other alternatives are sliced olives, thinly sliced zucchini or thinly sliced onions.
- Such cheeses as grated Parmesan, Mozzarella, or Fontina are also good.
Rosemary Focaccia Bread is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hrs
Total Time: 2 hrs
Italian Garlic Bread Ingredients
1 large loaf Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp marjoram
How to make Italian Garlic Bread
- Mince the garlic, then mix it well with the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, parsley, thyme, and marjoram.
- Slice open the bread and first brush the inside with the garlic and olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle on the herbs and cheese.
- Lay on on a cookie sheet, with the cheese and herb side facing up.
- Toast under a low broiler for 5-10 minutes, depending upon your oven.
Italian Garlic Bread is ready to serve.
Italian Bread Pudding Ingredients
5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package frozen mozzarella-and-Monterey Jack cheese Texas toast, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to make Italian Bread Pudding
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Layer half of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with half each of tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour egg mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Texas Toast.
- Texas Toast Bread Pudding: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Sausage Roll Casserole: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Increase cheese to 1 1/2 cups. Substitute 1 (18-oz.) package frozen sausage wrap rolls for Texas toast. Break apart sausage rolls; cut each roll crosswise into thirds, cutting across sausage. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Italian Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min.
Chill: 4 hr.
Bake: 55 min.
Stand: 5 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Bread Cutlet Ingredients
Bread – 5 slices (sandwich bread)
- Potatoes- 3 big or 4 medium. (Boiled, peeled & mashed nicely)
- Chillies – 5 chopped finely
- Ginger – 1/2 inch paste
- Garlic- 1 big or 2 medium paste
- Coriander – finely chopped
- Peanuts – Kacha Singdhana – 20/25 soaked in cold water for 1/2 hr.
- Sooji – 3/4 tablespoon
- Chilli powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander-Cumin powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – as per requirement
- Water – 1/2 cup in a flat small bowl.
How to make Bread Cutlet
- Mash the potatoes & put in a bowl. Lightly soak bread in water & squeeze the water thoroughly & put in the mashed potatoes bowl.
- Remove the peanuts skin & separate in 2 halves & put in the bowl.
- Put all the above ingredients & mix nicely like a dough.
- Take little piece from the dough & form oval cylindrical shaped rolls. Flat the cutlet rolls by hand.
- Take a frying pan.
- Put 3 to 4 tablespoon of oil each time you fry the cutlets.
- Spread oil throughout the frying pan as you do for a dosa or omelets & keep 6 to 7 cutlets & on a slow flame fry it. No need to deep fry.
- When the lower side turns golden brown., turn the cutlet roll upside down so that the upper side gets fired well.
- When both sides turn golden brown remove in a plate with tissue on it so excess oil gets soaked.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or chutney.
Bread Cutlet is ready to serve.
Cheese Bread Ingredients
Loaf of French bread, split in half
- package cream cheese softened
- package Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- cheddar cheese
How to make Cheese Bread
- Split the bread
- mix the ranch packet and cream cheese
- spread onto bread
- grate the cheese
- spread cheese over the ranch mixture
- bake in oven at 350 for 10 to 15 min.
- cut up and enjoy.
Cinnamon Donuts is ready to serve.
15 minutes to make
Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:55 Min
Garlic Cheese Bread Ingredients
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 French bread rolls, halved lengthwise
How to make Garlic Cheese Bread
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic and paprika; stir in cheddar cheese. Place rolls cut side up on a baking sheet; broil 6 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture. Broil 1 minute longer or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Garlic Cheese Bread is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:10 Min