Braised Beef Short Ribs Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
How to make Braised Beef Short Ribs
- In a bowl, combine the 1/2 cup flour, salt and ground black pepper. Roll the ribs in the seasoned flour.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and brown the ribs well on all sides. Pour in 1 cup boiling water, tomatoes, and garlic. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if necessary.
- Place the potatoes, onions, and carrots in the pot. Continue to simmer for another 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until all vegetables are tender. Remove the meat and vegetables to a serving platter.
- In a separate small bowl, dissolve 1 1/2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons water for every one cup liquid remaining in the pot. Add this to the pot and stir well until thickened. Pour over meat and vegetables.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:2 Hrs 40 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 55 Min