Bombay Shrimps Ingredients
1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger — fresh crushed
- 4 tablespoons tamarind paste — Tamicon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt — to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic — chopped fine
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 medium jalapeno chiles — chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro — finely chopped
How to make Bombay Shrimps
- Peel the shrimp and place in a large bowl.
- Add ginger, garlic, and tamarind pastes, turmeric powder, chile powder and salt to the shrimp.
- Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic cloves and stir until brown.
- Add shrimp and stir for 2 minutes or until the shrimp begins to brown.
- Add coconut milk, cilantro and green chiles.
- Turn the heat off when the gravy begins to simmer.
- Serve with steamed Basmati rice
Bombay Shrimps is ready to serve.
5 minutes to make