Recipes for Boiled
Boiled Peanuts Ingredients
2 to 3 pounds fresh green peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups salt
How to make Boiled Peanuts
- Put the peanuts and the salt in a large stockpot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. To check whether they are done, pull 1 or 2 peanuts out of the pot and crack them open. When they are soft, they are done. If they are still slightly crunchy, they are not done yet, If they are not salty enough, leave them in the salted water and turn off the heat. When they are done, drain and serve immediately.
- Boiled Peanuts is ready to serve.
Prep 1 min
Cook 3 hr 0 min
Total: 3 hr 1 min
New England Boiled Dinner INGREDIENTS
3 1/2 pounds corned beef brisket or plain beef brisket
- 15 peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, if using plain brisket
- 2 medium sized turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 red new potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 large carrots, cut into thirds and the thickest pieces quartered lengthwise
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into fourths
How to make New England Boiled Dinner
- Put the brisket in a 5 or 6 quart Dutch oven and cover with an inch of water. If you are using corned beef brisket and it does not come already packed in seasoning, add peppercorns, cloves, and a bay leaf to the pot. If using plain brisket, add a teaspoon of salt for every quart of water. Bring to a simmer and then cover, lower the heat until it is barely simmering. Keep at a low simmer for four hours or until the meat is tender (a fork goes through easily).
- Remove the meat and set aside, keeping the meat warm. Add the vegetables to the pot. Check the broth for taste. If it is too salty, add a little more water to taste. Raise the temperature and bring the soup to a high simmer. Cook at a high simmer until done, about 15-30 minutes longer, depending on the size of the cut of your vegetables.
- Slice the meat in thin slices. Serve in bowls, a few pieces of meat in each, add some of the vegetables and some broth.
- New England Boiled Dinner recipe is ready to serve.