Home / Tag Archives: boil
Boiled Peanut Soup Ingredients:
- 1 splash of Olive Oil
- 1 pat of butter (optional)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 red bell, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes (keep liquid separate)
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
How to make Boiled Peanut Soup:
- Heat oil and butter in soup pot on medium-low heat
- Add peppers, onions, garlic. Lightly salt. Sautee until onions and peppers are soft.
- Add tomatoes, cook until they reduce somewhat. This will intensify the flavor.
- Add juice from canned tomatoes, and chicken broth. Add pepper flakes.
- Bring soup to a boil, then add rice.
- Simmer soup on low heat for about 35 to 45 minutes to allow rice to cook.
- Ladle some of the soup into a bowl containing the peanut butter. Stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Pour the peanut butter and soup mixture into the soup, mix it in completely.
- Bring soup back up to heat. Serve
- 1 Packet Noodles
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 Capsicum Sliced
- 1 Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Carrot Sliced
- 1/2 cup Beans Chopped
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Boil Noodles in enough water.
- Take care do not overcook.
- Strain Noodles through cold water 2-3 times and drain water and set aside, add few drops of oil to the noodles to avoid sticking.
- Heat oil in a wok and add sliced onions and stir fry for 20-30 seconds, add all other vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Now add boiled noodles and mix well (take care that noodles don’t break) .
- Add vinegar, chili sauce and soya sauce and stir fry for a minute.
- Serve the vegetable chowmein hot.
- Note : According to taste vinegar, soya sauce and chili sauce can be increased or decreased.