Home / Tag Archives: Blueberry Jam
Tag Archives: Blueberry Jam
Blueberry Jam Ingredients:
- 8 cups (2 L) blueberries
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (49 g) light fruit pectin crystals
How to make Blueberry Jam:
- In large Dutch oven and using potato masher, mash blueberries to make 5 cups (1.25 L). Add 1 cup (250 mL) water.
- Mix pectin with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar; stir into blueberries. Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining sugar and return to full rolling boil; boil hard, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Using funnel, fill hot 1-cup (250 mL) canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) headspace. Cover with prepared lids. Screw on bands until resistance is met; increase to fingertip tight. Boil in boiling water canner for 10 minutes. (See Canning Basics)