Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped drained bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
How to make Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture evenly into pockets.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken breast half at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and panko.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Arrange chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; place skillet in oven. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken bakes, combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce is ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings