Recipes for black masoor
Kali Masoor Dal Ingredients:
Kali Masoor Dal/Black Lentils – 1 Cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 Big
- Onion – 1 Big
- Green Chilies – 2
- Salt – To taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Mango Powder (Amchoor) – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 2 Pinches
- Ginger – 1”
- Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Asafetida (Hing) – Few Pinches
- Pure Oil/Desi Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
How to make Kali Masoor Dal (Black Lentils)
- boil dal with water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Bring to boil, after 2 whistles let it cook on low flame for about 15 min. Then switch off the gas.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add hing, cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and grated onions. Cook till they become pink in color.
- Now add grated tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Add red chili powder, amchoor, garam masala, coriander powder. Mix well and cook till mixture separates from oil.
- Now add boiled dal in it.
- Garnish the dal with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice/Chapati.