Water — Six litres
- Refined Flour – 1/2 kilograms
- Jaggery – One 3/4 kilograms
- Coconut Milk — Twelve cups, extracted from three medium size coconuts
- Ghee – Two hundred and fifty gms
- Sugar — 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder — 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut Slivers — One hundred gms
How to make Black Halwa (Karutha Aluva)
- Using 2 cups water, knead the actual flour well to create a gentle dough.
- Reserve Three cups of water and add the remainder a little at any given time towards the dough to create thin batter.
- Stress the player through a muslin fabric to get rid of any protuberances.
- Set aside for some hours as well as decant the clean liquid in the top.
- Melt the jaggery in Six glasses of water and strain.
- Mix the actual player, jaggery syrup as well as coconut milk with each other inside a heavy vessel.
- The actual consistency should be that of milk.
- Bring to steam mixing continuously, till quite heavy.
- Mix in the ghee within small amounts, mixing all the time, till the mixture types the soft golf ball.
- Include sugar, cardamom powder as well as half the actual cashewnut slivers.
- Prepare more than low warmth till the ghee sets apart.
- Remove through fire and pour right into a greased tray.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cashewnut slivers on top and smooth the surface.
Black Halwa (Karutha Aluva) is ready to serve.