2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- One and a halfteaspoon Chili Powder
- One and a halfBunch Collard Greens, stems removed as well as leaves roughly chopped
- Two Large Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, diced
- 2-1/2 cups Chicken Stock (or more for a thinner soup)
- 3-1/2 cups Cooked Black-Eyed Peas
- 10 dashes Tabasco
- Salt as well as Pepper to taste
How to make Black Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup
- In a large pot more than moderate heat, warmth the actual oil to hot.
- Add the actual red onion as well as sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Include the next Four elements and cook for 1 additional moment.
- Add the collard vegetables towards the pot as well as throw well to coat.
- Cook for five moments or till sensitive.
- Add the rest of the elements as well as simmer with regard to Half an hour, covered.
- Alter the actual salt as well as pepper, as desired.
Black Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup is ready to serve.