Recipes for bhindi
Bhindi Masala Gravy Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg – Bhindi
- 1 – onion, medium
- 1 – tomato, medium
- Chilly powder as per taste
- 1/4 cup – coconut
- 2 tsp – cumin
- 2 tsp – saunf
- 4 tsp – Coriander powder
- 2 tsp – Fried gram
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Bhindi Masala Gravy:
- In a kadai shallow frying Bhindis and keep aside
- In the same oil, temper Sanuf and saute onions till pinkish color and then add tomatos
- Meanwhile, grind cocount, jeera, and fried gram and make it thick paste.
- As the onions and tomatos well cooked add chilly and coriander power and mix well.
- Now add the grinded paste and salt with half cup of water and mix it well.
- At last add the fried bhindis to the gravy with some fresh coriander leaves. allow it to cook for 2 mins .
- Serve it hot with Chappaties.
Dry Bhindi Masala Ingredients:
- Okra whole 15(trim the ends)
- Onion paste 1 tale spoon
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 spoon(freshly wet-ground)
- Toamto puree 2-4 spoons(optional)
- Sugar 1 spoon(optional)
- Turmeric 1/4 spoon
- Chili powder 1 spoon
- Coriander seeds powder 1 spoon(freshly ground)
- Garam masalapowder 1/2 spoon(freshly ground)
- Oil few spoons.
How to make Dry Bhindi Masala:
- In a deep wok, heat oil. Stir-fry okra in it. Maybe till it coats oil well and looses its musilageneous nature.
- Now add onion paste, followed by ginger-garlic paste. Fry till its raw odour is gone.
- Now add toamto puree as well. Let it consolidate too.
- Toss salt, turmeric, coriander seeds powder, chili and garam masala powders to it.
- Fry till the raw odour leaves and oil shows up on top. One can add a spoon of sugar to bring the glossy color to it.
Dahi Bhindi Ingredients:
- 500 gms okra tops and tails removed and then cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp onions seeds
- 2 large onions cut into slices
- 2 large tomatoes cut into cubes
- 2 tsps coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsps yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
How to make Dahi Bhindi:
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin and onion seeds. When they stop spluttering, add the sliced onions.
- Fry till the onions are golden. Add all the spices and stir well. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the okra and mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, yogurt and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till okra is soft.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and Lehsuni Daal (garlic flavored lentils).
Achari Bhindi Ingredients:
- bhindi (okra) 250 grams
- mustard 2 tsp
- jeera 1tsp
- kalonji (onion seeds) 1 tsp
- saunf (fennel seeds) 1 tsp
- red chilli 5-10 (depending on how hot you want)
- a pinch of asafoetida
- salt to taste
- puree of two tomatoes
- extract of tamarind – a very little quantity
- turmeric (haldi) 1 tsp
How to make Achari Bhindi:
- Roast mustard, Kalonji, Saunf and red chilli in 2-3 tsp of oil and prepare a ground mixture
- Heat oil, add mustard, Jeera, turmeric and okra in it.
- Add the ground mixture and salt to taste.
- Fry the okra for about 10-15 mins – make sure that it is not raw anymore.
- Add tomato puree and 2 tablespoons of tamarind water.
- Cover the dish till the the bhindi, ground mixture and the tomato/tamarind gravy get mixed well.
Bhindi Bhaji Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 150g/5¼ oz tomatoes, chopped
- 450g/16oz okra, cut into 1in/3cm pieces
How to make Bhindi Bhaji:
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onions and spices and fry for 3-5 minutes until the onions are transparent. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for a minute or two.
- Throw in the okra and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the okra is cooked through.
- Season well and serve.
Bhindi Fry Andhra Style Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg bhindi
- oil – for deep frying
- 3-4 tsp jeera
- 4 tsp dhania seeds
- 4 tsp peanuts
- 4 tsp chana dal
- 7-8 red chillies
- 10-12 garlic cloves – crushed
- 3-4 tsp grated coconut
- salt – to taste
How to make Bhindi Fry Andhra Style:
- Dry roast the jeera, dhania, peanuts, chana dal and red chillies. Keep aside to cool and then grind them together.
- Mix in the crushed garlic, coconut and salt.
- (This masala can be stored for six months in an air tight jar in a refrigerater.)
- Heat oil and deep fry the bhindi. Remove and sprinkle the masala over it. Mix well and serve hot.
Bhindi Curry Ingredients:
- 2 garlic clove (laung) chopped
- 3 tlbsp mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
- 4 oz tomato (tamatar)
- 1green pepper chopped
- 1tsp coriander seed
- 1tsp mustard seed (Raai)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed (Methi Dana) slightly crushed
- 12 oz okra (bhindi)
- 2 inch ginger chopped
- 1medium onion (pyaj) chopped
- 1tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 2 tsp red chilly powdered
- 2 tsp ground cumin
How to make bhindi curry:
- Wash the bhindi, top and tail, and cut into approximately 1/4″ pieces (or leave whole after topping and tailing if preferred).
- Fry mustard, coriander and fenugreek seeds in mustard oil for 2-3 minutes (cover the pot when the mustard seeds sputter.
- Mix in garlic, onion and ginger, fry gently for about 10 minutes more.
- Make the ground spices into a paste with a little water, mix in to the pot and fry for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix in bhindi (ladies finger), tomatoes, green pepper and chillies.
- Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) until the bhindi is soft but not sloppy (about 15-20 minutes).
Stuffed Bhindi Fry Ingredients:
- 250 gms ladies finger (bhindi)
- 100 gms potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic (lehsun)
- turmeric powder (haldi), garam masala, chilli powder, dhania pd, amchur, salt
How to make Stuffed Bhindi Fry:
- Cut the top portion of the bhindi and slit the bhindi vertically taking care not to ssplit it in two.
- Peel &chop the potatoes in long strips and keep them in water
- Mix all the spices together and grate the garlic in this spice mixture.
- Now stuff the bhindis with this masala and keep the remaining masala aside
- Heat oil in a flat pan and add the stuffed bhindis and potatoes
- Cook till they are done.
- Sprinkle the rest of the spice mixture and cook for a few more mins
- Stuffed bhindi masala is ready to serve.
Dry Okra Ingredients:
- green chili
- red pepper
- oil for fry
- 1 kilogram
- one in chunky slices
- 3 small piece
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
How to make Dry Okra
- Cut okra in very small piece then put oil in deep pan fry okra in oil until it look crispy not look black after it get crispy put okra in separate pan and put onion,tomato ,green chili,salt,red pepper on it and add 1 teaspoon oil in it and just mix on low heat just for 2 minutes.