Recipes for berry
Chocolate Berry Cheesecake Ingredients
100g melted butter
- 250g sweet plain chocolate biscuits
- 425g can Wattie’s Boysenberries in Syrup
- 500g pottle Tararua Cheesecake Filling
- 2 tsp gelatin
How to make Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or by placing in a sealed plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Stir in the melted butter. Press into the base and sides of a 23cm loose bottom flan tin. Refrigerate until required.
- Drain and reserve the juice from the Wattie’s Boysenberries in Syrup .
- Beat together the drained boysenberries and Tararua Cheesecake Filling until smooth. Spread into the prepared flan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the reserved boysenberry juice and when it has been absorbed, warm in the microwave for 2 minutes on high and stir until dissolved. Cool. Pour over the cheesecake filling and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Chocolate Berry Cheesecake is ready to serve.
Merry Berry Salad Ingredients
1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
How to make Merry Berry Salad
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients. In a blender, combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt, mustard and onion. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad just before serving. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
- Merry Berry Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Chicken Berry Salad Ingredients
1 (.75 ounce) packet honey mustard salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
How to make Chicken Berry Salad
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing according to package directions, using vinegar and oil, and substituting orange juice for the water; set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peas, and pecans. Pour in the prepared dressing, and toss to coat.
- Chicken Berry Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Mixed Berry Salad Ingredients
2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (try key-lime or lemon)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 4 medium strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
How to make Mixed Berry Salad
- Whisk the yogurt, lime juice, and mint together in a medium bowl. Add the fruit and toss to combine. Serve.
- Mixed Berry Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 min
Three Berry Lemon Trifle Ingredients
1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
How to make Three Berry Lemon Trifle
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and peel. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with blueberries and remaining cake cubes and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with raspberries.
Spread remaining whipped topping over berries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Yield: 16 servings.
Prep: 25 min. including chilling time
Berry Trifle Ingredients
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package prepared pound cake, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons praline liqueur
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Berry Trifle
- Place cubed cake in bottom of large glass serving bowl.
- Layer the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries on top of the cake. Sprinkle with praline liqueur.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, condensed milk and 1 cup of whipped topping, stir well.
- Pour mixture over frozen berries. Top custard with remaining cool whip.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, enough for the berries to thaw before serving.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup strawberry flavored yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- In the container of a blender, combine the mixed berries, strawberry yogurt, banana, milk and sugar. Cover, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 375g frozen thawed blackberries
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 600g cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup desicated coconut
- 90g butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a shallow microwave dish put layers of apple, blackberries and white sugar.
- In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients together and sprinkle the mixture over the fruit in the microwave dish.
- Place uncovered in the microwave and cook on high for 12 minutes and then leave it sit for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve the Apple and Berry Crumble with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Enjoy your freshly made Apple and Berry Crumble!