Recipes for behari
Behari Rice Ingredients:
- Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Fresh grated Coconut :2-4 tbsp
- Cardamom powdered: 1/4 tsp+
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Jaggery Syrup: 4-6 tbsp as needed to make a dough.
- Ghee for Deep Frying: 1/2 cup + as needed
How to make Behari Rice:
- In a big bowl,mix together wheat flour (aatta),coconut grated,ghee and cardamom.Add 1/4 cup jaggery syrup and knead to form a dough.Keep on adding 1 tbsp of jaggery syrup as needed to make a smooth dough.You can use dry coconut flakes or coconut powder instread of fresh coconut.Also other additions are chopped dryfruits,pepper powder ,fennel seed powder or whatever you like.Normal sugar syrup (sugar dissolved in water) can be used instead of jaggery syrup.
- Pinch small balls of the dough,pat into rounds,slightly flatten them and press them on a mould/saancha to get a flat patterned cookie shape.I flattened it with hands and then using a fork made design on it.
- 1 kg boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp raw papaya
- 2 tbsp crushed red chili
- 1 dry coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp gram-flour
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- In a frying pan add gram-flour, dry coriander, and cumin seeds.
- Let it roast until the color of the gram-flour changes then grind it.
- Add all the above ingredients to the chicken and let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In a pan add 6 tbsp oil add the chicken and let it cook
- When the chicken is done.
- Add hot coal on a piece of slice with few drops oil. Cover for 4 minutes
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney and paratha.