Besan Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 Cup besan
- 1 Cup ghee
- 1 Cup milk powder
- 1-1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Pista
How to make Besan Burfi:
- Melt ghee and fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out.
- Transfer the mixture in another vessel and mix with milk powder.
- Make thick sugar syrup by combining water and sugar in a pot and heating them over low flame.
- Drop the fried besan mixture in the prepared sugar syrup and stir it.
- Add chopped pista or nuts and stir properly.
- Transfer to a greased plate.
- When firm cut into diamond shaped pieces and serve.
Beetroot Halwa Ingredients:
- 1 kg Beetroot (peeled off, washed & finely grated)
- 2-1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Liter milk (boiled)
- 2 to 3 Cups of water (sufficient to boil the beetroot)
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 8 Raisins
- 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make Beetroot Halwa:
- Pour water in a shallow pan (kadahi) and add grated beetroot.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer well until water gets evaporated.
- Add sugar and half of the milk, stir constantly until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
- Now add ghee and stir well.
- Add remaining milk and simmer again for just 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Take off heat and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
- Beetroot Halwa is ready to serve hot.
- 1 litre Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dry Fruits
How to make Basundi:
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan and simmer it till it gets reduced to half.
- Add sugar and cook for some more time till it gets thickened.
- Now add cardamom powder and put off the flame.
- Allow it to cool. Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- Basundi is ready. Serve chilled.
Bandaru Ladoo Ingredients:
- 250 gm `Senaga Pindi’ / Bengal Gram Flour
- 250 gm Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil, to fry
- 50 gms Cashew Nuts, fried in a tbsp ghee
How to make Bandaru Ladoo:
- Heat 4 tbs of oil and add it to `senaga pindi’
- Mix well with hand and knead it into dough using water
- It should not be too soft or too hard
- The consistency should be like that of poori dough
- Place the disc with medium size holes in the muruku press
- Fill it with dough leaving space to place the upper part of the press
- Heat the oil and carefully press the dough, like spirals and without overlapping, directly into the oil, keeping the bottom of the press 2 inches away from the oil
- Take proper care that the hot fumes of oil does not reach your hands
- Turn it over and remove when golden brown
- Drain the oil and repeat the procedure till the dough is over
- Powder them in a blender, measure and set aside
- Take equal measure of sugar and make light syrup / `letha paakam’
- Add the powdered spirals, cardamom powder and the cashew nuts to it and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and make big lime size balls of it by smearing ghee to your palms.
- Your delicious Bandaru ladoos are ready to serve.
Banana Halwa Ingredients:
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Banana Halwa:
- Peel off and mash the bananas.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add bananas and cook over low heat, stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium flame or until bananas have browned.
- Add more ghee as necessary.
- Add sugar after 4-5 minutes and continue stirring until dissolved.
- Add cardamom powder and remove from heat.
- Keep stirring till the mixture becomes viscous.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Banana Halwa is ready to be served.
- 6 cups Maida
- 8 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Soda (bicarbonate)
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- Ghee for frying
- 2/3 cup Ghee (for adding in maida to make dough)
How to make Balushahi:
- Mix maida, soda, and 2/3 cup ghee to make stiff dough.
- Roll out small balls from this dough.
- Heat ghee and fry these balls till it turns brown.
- Prepare sugar syrup of two thread consistency.
- Dip fried balls in sugar syrup.
- Drain the excess syrup.
- Adorn with pistachios.
- Balushahi is ready.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vanaspathi ghee
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 pinch of baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
- Sliced pista and almonds
- Grated dry coconuts
How to make Badhusha:
- Heat little ghee in a pan.
- Add pista and almonds. Fry until light golden colour.
- Pour this ghee into the flour.
- Add soda and little water. Make soft dough.
- Cover it with a wet cloth for 15 minutes.
- Take water and sugar in a saucepan and boil it to make thick syrup.
- If the syrup becomes thick, add water and heat it again.
- Divide the dough and make small sized balls.
- Flatten slightly and make a hole in the center.
- Prepare all the badhushas.
- Heat oil over medium flame.
- Deep fry the badhushas until golden brown.
- Put them immediately into the sugar syrup for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place them on a plate.
- Sprinkle fried nuts and grated dry coconut.
- baadusha is ready to serve.
Besan Ke Laddoo Ingredients:
- 4 cups Gram Flour
- 1 cup Pure Ghee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp Powdered Cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds and Raisins
How to make Besan Ke Laddoo:
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add the gram flour and fry it on a low flame stirring continuously till brown.
- Once it is browned, let it cool.
- Add powdered cardamom and sugar. Mix well.
- Add chopped almonds and raisins.
- Shape into ladoos and serve.
Badam Puri Ingredients:
- 2-1/2 cup Maida
- 1/2 cup Badam (paste)
- 3-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1-1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 100 ml Milk
- 1 gm Saffron
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 25 ml Ghee
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
How to make Badam Puri:
- Knead dough with rice flour, maida, milk and alomond paste.
- Heat water in a pan and add saffron and cardamom to it. Stir it to make sugar syrup.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll each ball into a small round puri.
- Apply ghee on the puri and stack one on the top of other with three puries in each stack.
- Roll and cut each stack into small pieces. Again, roll the pieces into a round shape and deep fry until golden brown.
- Now put all the puris in the sugar syrup. Leave it for 10 minutes and take them out of it.
- Badam Puri is ready to serve.
Badam Pak Ingredients:
- 500 gms Khoya
- 700 gms Sugar
- 300 gms Almonds
- 250 gms Ghee
- 1 Cup rose water
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
How to make Badam Pak:
- Mix sugar and rose water.
- Boil it.
- Add khoya to make it smooth.
- Put blanched almonds and add ghee.
- Cook over medium flame till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Mix cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Spread the mixture on it.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Cut into squares.
- Badam Pak is ready.