Coconut Fudge Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3.5 cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut extract/flavoring
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
How to make Coconut Fudge:
- Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melts. Brush down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming.
- Insert a candy thermometer and bring the candy to a boil. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer reaches 238 degrees.
- Once the candy is at 238 degrees, remove the pan from the heat and remove the candy thermometer. Set the candy aside to cool for 20 minutes, or until it reaches about 110 degrees. Do not stir the candy during this time, or you will form sugar crystals that will cause the candy to become grainy.
- Once the candy is barely warm, add the vanilla and coconut extracts and begin the stir the fudge vigorously with a wooden spoon. As you continue to stir the fudge, it will begin to thicken and lose its gloss. When the fudge has thickened and become opaque, add the coconut and stir about one minute more, or until it is quite thick. This process will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Alternately, you can use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, but watch carefully as it is very easy to overbeat fudge in an electric mixer.
- Once the fudge has thickened, scrape it into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Let the fudge set at room temperature for several hours.
- Once the fudge has set, pull it out of the pan using the foil as handles. Cut it into small one-inch squares to serve. Store remaining fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Coconut Burfi With Milk Ingredients:
- 3 cups of fresh or dessicated coconut (fresh gives the best results)
- 1 1/2 cans (400gms each) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 5 tbsps ghee
- 1 cup almonds blanched and cut into slivers
How to make Coconut Burfi With Milk:
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame and add the coconut, condensed milk and sugar. Mix well and cook till the condensed milk is reduced to a quarter of its original quantity or till you get a fudge-like consistency.
- Add the ghee and mix well. Cook till the ghee begins to separate from the fudge.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the fire.
- Grease a large platter, put the fudge on it and smooth out into a thick layer. Top the entire surface with the slivered almonds.
- Allow to cool a little and cut into squares while still warm.
- Allow to set, remove from the platter and store in an air-tight container.
Coconut Burfi With Khoya Ingredients:
- 225 gms Khoya
- 225 gms coconut (dry and ground)
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds (ground)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp almonds (grated)
- 1/2 tsp pistachios (grated)
How to make coconut burfi:
- Mix khoya and coconut and fry them lightly with ghee on a low heat.
- Add cardamom and mix well.
- Prepare one-string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Now stir the coconut mixture into the syrup.
- Grease the plate and spread the grated nuts on it.
- Spread the prepared evenly over the plate and allow it to cool.
- Now with the knife, cut it into desired shapes.
- Turn them over so that nuts covered part appears on the top.
- Nariyal ki burfi is ready to be served.
Churma Ladoo Ingredients:
- 500 gm Wheat flour
- 200 gm Melted ghee
- 25 gm Jaggery
- 1/8 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- 5-6 Raisins
How to make Churma Laddoo:
- Mix ghee and wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add little water and prepare a hard dough. Leave the dough aside for half an hour.
- Make palm-shaped balls of this dough and fry in ghee on a medium flame, until light brown in color.
- Allow to cool and grind coarsely.
- Melt jaggery with ghee and add it to the churma mixture.
- Mix well, add powdered cardamom and make laddoos.
- Decorate with poppy seeds and serve
Chum Chum Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 drops lemon colour
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- a few strands saffron
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 tblsp refined flour (maida)
- 100 gms condensed milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
How to make chum chum :
- Melt sugar in water and heat up to make a thin syrup.
- Knead the paneer with flour and shape into oval shaped fingers, mix in them to the sugar syrup and boil for eight minutes.
- Take off from heat up and mix in lemon color to the syrup.
- Cool for a while and take off the chum-chums from the syrup.
- Mix in saffron and cardamom powder to sugarless, creamy, condensed milk.
- Spread this on each piece and serve.
Chocolate Burfi Ingredients:
- 3 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 6 tsp Ghee
- 3-1/2 cups Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Cashew nuts (chopped)
- 4-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
How to make Chocolate Burfi:
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet and add ghee in it.
- Now fry maida in ghee.
- Make a sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in water taken in a pot.
- Meanwhile dissolve the cocoa powder in condensed milk heated on low flame in a pan and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients together except cashew nuts and cocoa powder and stir continuously.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add cashew nuts and mix properly.
- When froth appears in the mixture, pour 3/4 portion of it into a greased plate.
- Now mix the dissolved cocoa powder with the rest of mixture .
- Spread this as a top layer on the mixture spread on the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool and cut into squares.
- Chocolate burfi is ready.
Choco Jamun Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups Milk Solids (Khoya)
- 4 tbsp Refined Flour (Maida)
- 5 cups Sugar
- 2/3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Drinking Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Water
- Oil for frying
How to make Choco Jamun:
- In a bowl, sieve maida, cocoa powder, drinking chocolate, baking powder and mix well the ingredients.
- Make sugar syrup and keep it aside but don’t allow it to cool completely.
- Take the grated khoya and add a liitle water and roll out into a smooth dough. Make out small balls out of the dough.
- Stuff these balls with the chocolate chips.
- In a wok (kadhai) heat oil and deep-fry the ball till golden.
- Drain and dip them in the sugar syrup.
- Serve hot.
Cocoa Coconut Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbls cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
How to make Cocoa Coconut Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and oil.
- Stir the wet into the dry until just moistened.
- Mix together 1 cup of the coconut with the Eagle Brand and vanilla.
- Spoon 2 tbls of the batter into each greased muffin cup or liner.
- Place 2 tsp of the filling in the center of each. Do not spread.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining coconut.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Choco Coconut Ladoo Ingredients:
- 3 cups Dry Coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
How to make Coconut Laddoo:
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it starts boiling, add 2 cups shredded coconut and mix well.
- When the milk gets absorbed in coconut, add the sugar.
- Stir continuously on medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove and make small balls.
- Take the remaining coconut on a plate.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut to make laddus.
- Coconut Laddoos are ready to serve.
Chena Murki Ingredients:
- 750 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 500 gm Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 litre Water
- 1/4 tsp Black Cardamom Powder (optional)
- 10-20 drops Rose Essence (optional)
How to make Chena Murki:
- Firstly, cut paneer into very small pieces.
- Then heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry the paneer till light golden in color. Take the pieces out of the vessel and put off the flame.
- Now make thin sugar syrup by mixing sugar and water in another vessel. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamom powder, or rose essence, to the sugar syrup and put off the flame.
- Immerse paneer pieces in the syrup. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces get properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
- Chena Murki is ready.