Coconut Burfi With Milk Ingredients:
- 3 cups of fresh or dessicated coconut (fresh gives the best results)
- 1 1/2 cans (400gms each) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 5 tbsps ghee
- 1 cup almonds blanched and cut into slivers
How to make Coconut Burfi With Milk:
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame and add the coconut, condensed milk and sugar. Mix well and cook till the condensed milk is reduced to a quarter of its original quantity or till you get a fudge-like consistency.
- Add the ghee and mix well. Cook till the ghee begins to separate from the fudge.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the fire.
- Grease a large platter, put the fudge on it and smooth out into a thick layer. Top the entire surface with the slivered almonds.
- Allow to cool a little and cut into squares while still warm.
- Allow to set, remove from the platter and store in an air-tight container.
Coconut Burfi With Khoya Ingredients:
- 225 gms Khoya
- 225 gms coconut (dry and ground)
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds (ground)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp almonds (grated)
- 1/2 tsp pistachios (grated)
How to make coconut burfi:
- Mix khoya and coconut and fry them lightly with ghee on a low heat.
- Add cardamom and mix well.
- Prepare one-string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Now stir the coconut mixture into the syrup.
- Grease the plate and spread the grated nuts on it.
- Spread the prepared evenly over the plate and allow it to cool.
- Now with the knife, cut it into desired shapes.
- Turn them over so that nuts covered part appears on the top.
- Nariyal ki burfi is ready to be served.
Churma Ladoo Ingredients:
- 500 gm Wheat flour
- 200 gm Melted ghee
- 25 gm Jaggery
- 1/8 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- 5-6 Raisins
How to make Churma Laddoo:
- Mix ghee and wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add little water and prepare a hard dough. Leave the dough aside for half an hour.
- Make palm-shaped balls of this dough and fry in ghee on a medium flame, until light brown in color.
- Allow to cool and grind coarsely.
- Melt jaggery with ghee and add it to the churma mixture.
- Mix well, add powdered cardamom and make laddoos.
- Decorate with poppy seeds and serve
Chum Chum Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 drops lemon colour
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- a few strands saffron
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 tblsp refined flour (maida)
- 100 gms condensed milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
How to make chum chum :
- Melt sugar in water and heat up to make a thin syrup.
- Knead the paneer with flour and shape into oval shaped fingers, mix in them to the sugar syrup and boil for eight minutes.
- Take off from heat up and mix in lemon color to the syrup.
- Cool for a while and take off the chum-chums from the syrup.
- Mix in saffron and cardamom powder to sugarless, creamy, condensed milk.
- Spread this on each piece and serve.
Chocolate Burfi Ingredients:
- 3 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 6 tsp Ghee
- 3-1/2 cups Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Cashew nuts (chopped)
- 4-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
How to make Chocolate Burfi:
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet and add ghee in it.
- Now fry maida in ghee.
- Make a sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in water taken in a pot.
- Meanwhile dissolve the cocoa powder in condensed milk heated on low flame in a pan and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients together except cashew nuts and cocoa powder and stir continuously.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add cashew nuts and mix properly.
- When froth appears in the mixture, pour 3/4 portion of it into a greased plate.
- Now mix the dissolved cocoa powder with the rest of mixture .
- Spread this as a top layer on the mixture spread on the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool and cut into squares.
- Chocolate burfi is ready.
Choco Jamun Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups Milk Solids (Khoya)
- 4 tbsp Refined Flour (Maida)
- 5 cups Sugar
- 2/3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Drinking Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Water
- Oil for frying
How to make Choco Jamun:
- In a bowl, sieve maida, cocoa powder, drinking chocolate, baking powder and mix well the ingredients.
- Make sugar syrup and keep it aside but don’t allow it to cool completely.
- Take the grated khoya and add a liitle water and roll out into a smooth dough. Make out small balls out of the dough.
- Stuff these balls with the chocolate chips.
- In a wok (kadhai) heat oil and deep-fry the ball till golden.
- Drain and dip them in the sugar syrup.
- Serve hot.
Cocoa Coconut Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbls cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
How to make Cocoa Coconut Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and oil.
- Stir the wet into the dry until just moistened.
- Mix together 1 cup of the coconut with the Eagle Brand and vanilla.
- Spoon 2 tbls of the batter into each greased muffin cup or liner.
- Place 2 tsp of the filling in the center of each. Do not spread.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining coconut.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Choco Coconut Ladoo Ingredients:
- 3 cups Dry Coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
How to make Coconut Laddoo:
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it starts boiling, add 2 cups shredded coconut and mix well.
- When the milk gets absorbed in coconut, add the sugar.
- Stir continuously on medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove and make small balls.
- Take the remaining coconut on a plate.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut to make laddus.
- Coconut Laddoos are ready to serve.
Chena Murki Ingredients:
- 750 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 500 gm Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 litre Water
- 1/4 tsp Black Cardamom Powder (optional)
- 10-20 drops Rose Essence (optional)
How to make Chena Murki:
- Firstly, cut paneer into very small pieces.
- Then heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry the paneer till light golden in color. Take the pieces out of the vessel and put off the flame.
- Now make thin sugar syrup by mixing sugar and water in another vessel. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamom powder, or rose essence, to the sugar syrup and put off the flame.
- Immerse paneer pieces in the syrup. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces get properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
- Chena Murki is ready.
Chickoo Halwa Ingredients:
- 8 Sweet Chikoos
- 3/4 Tea cup milk (boiled)
- 1/4 Cup sugar or as per taste
- 160 Grams khoya (grated)
- 1 tbsp Ghee (melted)
- Some pieces of almond for garnishing
How to make Cheekoo Halwa:
- Peel and smash chickoos.
- Put chikoo pulp in a heavy saucepan.
- Add milk and boil it, stirring constantly.
- When some thickness appears, add khoya and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and ghee.
- Cook on low heat for 2-4 minutes turning the mixture constantly.
- Take off heat and let it cool a bit.
- Now garnish with almonds and serve it hot.