Kesari Sweet Ingredients:
- Rava(semolina) -1 cup
- Sugar-1 1/4 cups
- Cashew nuts and raisins -3 tbsp (fried in ghee)
- Pineapple or any essence-1/4 tsp
- Orange edible food color- a pinch
- salt a pinch
- Ghee- 1/2 cup
- Cardamon- 4 to 5(well crushed)
How to make Kesari Sweet:
- Pour few tsp of ghee in a hard bottom vessel,roast rava till it turns light brown,keep aside.
- Again add the remaining ghee,heat a little,add cardamon,cashews,raisins fry till nice golden brown.
- Add water,salt food color,when it starts boiling add the rava(semolina),and stir well without any lumps.cook on low flame for a minute.
- Now add the sugar slowly, just the way you added the rava, so it blends in well.
- Keep stirring, feel the consistency loosening by itself (the sugar gives out water).
- Now add 1/4 tsp cardamon powder,essence keep stirring once again till the kesari thickens.
- Pour the ghee generously,and stir well.Don’t let it stick to the bottom.
- The ghee starts oozing out on the sides.That’s the perfect time to turn off the flame.you can also add bits of any fruit of your choice.TRANSFER THE KESARI TO A GHEE COATED PLATE,PRESS EVENLY,AND SET TO COOL.
- When it s cool cut into any shapes you like.Or serve as such.
- This recipe seems to be easy,but it requires lot of practice and patience to bring in the right consistency.The measurement is the main in this recipe.If all gets right you get the most simple and relishing sweet for a sumptuous meal.
Kesari Phirni Ingredients:
- 50 g Basmati Rice (soaked)
- 1 litre Milk
- A few strands of Saffron (kesar)
- 1 cup Sugar
- A few drops Rose Water
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 8-10 Pistachios (chopped)
How to make Kesari Phirni:
- In a shallow bottom pan, boil the milk and then simmer it in low flame till it reduces a little.
- Take the soaked rice and grind it into a coarse paste. Add a little milk to it to thin its consistency.
- Add the rice paste to the milk and cook, stirring continuously. Take care not to form any lumps.
- Add saffron and sugar and cook till it thickens.
- Now sprinkle green cardamom powder and rose water to it and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour out in serving bowl and garnish with pistachios.
- Serve chilled.
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Citric acid
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (pista, almonds)
How to make Kalakand:
- Dissolve citric acid in water.
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan.
- Add citric acid solution as it comes to boil.
- Once the chenna settles, sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down.
- Now put the remaining milk to boil.
- Add cheena and boil till it turns thick
- Now add sugar and cook till the mixture turns lumpy.
- Spread it over a greased plate, allow to cool and sprinkle chopped nuts.
- Once set, cut it into square pieces and serve.
Kala Jamun Ingredients:
- 500 gms Milk Solids (khoya)
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese (paneer)
- 3 tblsp Refined Flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate
- 3 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cup Water
- 2 tblsp Castor Sugar
- Pure Gheefor frying
How to make kala jamun:
- Grate paneer and khoya . Sieve flour with soda bicarbonate.
- Mix these ingredients and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Make sugar syrup using 1 1/2 cups water and sugar. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough in equal portions and make round balls.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, spread castor sugar on a tray, roll the dough balls on the castor sugar and deep fry on medium heat.
- Temperature should not be very high or else the kala jams will remain uncooked from inside.
- Drain when evenly cooked and dark brown in colour and transfer to the sugar syrup.
- Let them soak for 15 minutes before serving.
Kaju Katli Ingredients:
- 100 gms Cashew nuts
- 100 gms Sugar
- 200 gm Water
- Silver Foil for decorating
How to make Kaju Katli:
- Soak cashew nuts in water for about half an hour.
- Make a paste of soaked cashew nuts in a grinder.
- Prepare a sugar syrup of single thread consistency and add kaju paste to it.
- Stir properly and turn off the flame.Aloow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture on a greased plate and roll it to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Press silver foil over it .
- After 10 minutes cut it into diamond shaped pieces.
- Kaju Katli is ready to serve.
Kaju Burfi Ingredients:
- 3 cups Raw Cashew Nuts
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- Silver foil
How to make Kaju Burfi:
- Grind the cashews to make a fine powder.
- Next prepare a sugar syrup by combining water and sugar together in a pot and heating them.
- Stir continuously until it has a 2-thread consistency.
- Turn off the flame.
- Dissolve cashew powder in the syrup. Make the solution thick.
- Spread the solution on a greased plate and put silver foil on it.
- Allow to cool and then cut it into pieces.
- Kaju Burfi is ready.
Kaddu Ki Kheer Ingredients:
- 4 Cups grated kaddu
- 1 Tin condensed milk
- 2 Liter milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup soaked sabudana
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
How to make Kaddu Ki Kheer:
- Boil the milk.
- Add grated kaddu and cook till it turns soft.
- Mix condensed milk and sugar well.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add soaked sabudana.
- Cook it for more 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Serve chilled.
- 3 Cups soaked urad dal
- 2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 3 tbsps Ghee
- 2 tsp Saffron colour
- Imarti nozzle/bottle
How to make Imarti:
- Prepare sugar syrup of one thread consisitency.
- Grind dal using water to make thick batter.
- Mix 2 tsp saffron colour to the batter.
- Beat the mixture properly to make it smooth.
- Pour batter in Imarti nozzle.
- Heat ghee and form Imartis in it.
- Fry it till it turns crisp from both the sides.
- Dip them in sugar syrup.
- Remain them soaked in syrup for 5 minutes.
- Drain from the syrup.
- Serve hot.
- 1/2 kg Soft khoya
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Semi crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp Slivered pista
- 2 tbsp Gulkand (a mixture with rose extract)
- 6-8 Almonds, slivered
How to make Gulkand Peda:
- Place a heavy pan on low flame and put gulkand into it.
- Stir gently and make soft lump.
- Take off from the flame and leave it aside to cool.
- Grate khoya with a steel grater.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in a large & non-sticky pan and heat it on high flame for few minutes.
- Now heat it on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the fire when it turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow to cool the mixture and keep turning occasionally.
- Take a small portion of this mixture on your palm and flatten it.
- Place a very small amount of gulkand mixture in the center.
- Now roll gently so that gulkand gets covered by the mixture and press the roll slightly like a biscuit.
- Repeat the procedure to make more rolls.
- Decorate the rolls with slivered pista, almonds and cardamom seeds.
- Let the rolls cool.
- Gulkand Peda is ready to serve.
- 100 gm Wheat flour
- 200 gm Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Sweet spice powder
- 5 gm Fennel seeds
- 200 ml Mustard oil
- Water as required
How to make Gulgula:
- Soak and dissolve the jaggery in hot water.
- Let it cool.
- Combine flour, jaggery and little water together to make a fine paste.
- Add fennel seeds, sweet spice powder to it, mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and place a spoonful of the mixture in the hot oil.
- Deep fry the Gulgula on both sides.