Recipes for beef
Beef Lasagne Ingredients
For the ragu
4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 700g/1lb 9oz beef mince
- 340g/12oz pork mince
- 1 bottle red wine (750ml/26½fl oz)
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200ml/7fl oz beef stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the bechamel sauce
- 1 litre/1¾ pints whole milk
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ onion
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 50g/2oz butter
- 50g/2oz plain flour
For the lasagne
- 14 sheets fresh lasagne pasta
- 3 125g/4½oz balls mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- small handful grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
How to make Beef Lasagne
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- For the ragu, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat and fry the celery, carrots and onion for approximately 15 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the garlic and rosemary and fry for two more minutes.
- Add the beef and pork mince and cook until the liquid from the meat has been absorbed.
- Pour in approximately 400ml/14fl oz of red wine and stir well. Cook for approximately 45 minutes.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add the tomatoes and stock. Leave the mixture uncovered to cook slowly for two hours. Top up with more warm stock if necessary. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To make the bechamel sauce, place the milk in a large non-stick saucepan, add the bay leaves, onion and nutmeg and gently bring to the boil.
- In a separate saucepan melt the butter and add the flour. Beat well and cook for two minutes. Remove the milk from the heat and add a little to the flour mixture. Combine well, and when all the milk has been absorbed, add a little more. Continue to do this until all the milk has been added, whisking continually.
- For the lasagne, blanch the pasta in salted boiling water for three minutes. Spoon a third of the bechamel sauce into the bottom of a lasagne dish in a layer, then place some of the pasta strips over the top. Follow this with some of the mozzarella and parmesan, and sprinkle over freshly ground black pepper. Follow with a layer of ragu. Repeat this step twice until all the ingredients have been used up. Dot knobs of butter over the surface and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and completely cooked through.
- Beef Lasagne Recipe is ready to serve.
preparation time :30 mins to 1 hour
Chinese dry beef and chillies Ingredients:
- Beef (steak or cubes) 1/2 kg
- Green chillies 12 medium
- Large size Onions 2 medium size
- Cornflour 1/4 cup
- Chicken stock/soup 2-1/2 cups (see how to prepare below)
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Chinese Salt 1 tsp (teaspoon)
- Vinegar 1/4 cup
- Ordinary salt 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce 1/4 cup
How to make Chinese dry beef and chillies:
- Thinly slice beef into approximately 1/2 inch, rectangular bitesize pieces.
- Boil these pieces with water and some salt.
- Use enough water to cook the meat until tender (the water should dry up).
- Do not add too much water or cook the meat too long.
- While the meat is boiling, peel and cut the onions into cubes.
- Cut chillies into half lenghtwise and remove the seeds with the tip of a knife.
- Handling the chillies with your hands can irritate your hands!
- Make a paste of cornflour with 1 cup of water.
- Heat oil and fry the beef pieces until slightly brown on medium heat.
- Add onion and chillies, frying a little after each addition.
- Add chinese salt, ordinary salt, vinegar, soya sauce and the chickenstock/soup cooking for 2 minutes.
- Before serving bring to boil, add cornflour paste very slowly, stirring to keep lumps from forming.
- Cook for a minute on medium heat for few minutes.
- Serve it with rice.
Seven Layer Taco Dip with Ground Beef Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
How to make Seven Layer Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Set aside to drain and cool to room temperature.
- Spread the beans into the bottom of a 9×13 inch serving tray that is about 1 1/2 inches deep. Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese on top of beans. Sprinkle beef on top of cheese. Spread sour cream very slowly on top of beef. Spread guacamole on top of sour cream. Pour salsa over guacamole and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese. Sprinkle black olives, tomatoes, and green onions on top.
- You can serve this dish immediately, or refrigerate it over night and serve cold. I think it tastes better at room temperature.
- Marinated Grilled Shrimp Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Beef spinach pasta Ingredients:
- 1 Pound Ground Beef (up to 4)
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup condensed, (10 3/4 oz can)
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese or fresh goat cheese
- 1 Package Spinach thawed chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Noodles cooked
- 1 Can Fried Onions (3 oz)
- Check to Add to My Pantry
- Recipe Tools
- Add to Grocery List
- Add to Favorites
- Print this Recipe
How to make Beef spinach pasta:
- Micro spinach on high 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and break into pieces, drain well. Brown ground beef, drain well.
- Combine spinach, soup, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with hamburger. Add noodles and half the can of onions.
- Micro on high 5 minutes. Stir. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Beef spinach pie Ingredients:
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped red and/or yellow sweet pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 6-ounce can Italian-style tomato paste
- 4-ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 10-ouhce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 2/3 cup light or regular ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell*
How to make Beef spinach pie:
- Preheat oven to 3S0°F. In a large skillet cook beef, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and sweet pepper is tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together spinach, 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, and salt.
- Spoon spinach mixture into baked pastry shell. Top with meat mixture. Cover edge of pastry with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake for 30 to 3S minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Beef Shawarma Ingredients:
- 2 lbs beef, prime rib is best
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 8 loaves of pita bread or 4 large
- thinly sliced cucumbers
- thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- pickle slices (optional)
How to make Beef Shawarma:
- Combine all ingredients except for beef, fillings, and sauce ingredients to make marinade. If it seems a little dry, add a little olive oil (a tablespoon at a time). Here is an excellent tahini recipe, if you do not have some handy.
- Add beef, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a stockpot or large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat for 45 minutes or until done. Be sure not to overcook! If beef becomes a little dry, add a few tablespoons of water throughout cooking duration.
- While beef is cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Take the onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and sprinkle with sumac. Add other filling ingredients in a large bowl and combine well.
- When the beef is done, you can shred it, slice it, or leave into large pieces. As long as it it thinly cut, there is not much difference. I prefer to cut mine into wide strips.
Beef Tenderloin Sliders Ingredients:
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped fine (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ cup fine-chopped red onion
- Small bunch basil, chopped finely (approx. 2 Tbsp.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Good quality olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp (or more) Fresh lemon juice to get a thinner consistency
- Best EVER Beef Tenderloin
- Peanut Oil
- Seasoning of choice
How to make Beef Tenderloin Sliders:
Caramelize sliced onions slow and low until golden and sweet.
Prepare Tomato Pesto & Horseradish cream . Cook filets (see recipe & instructions below). While meat is resting, spread butter on split buns (dinner rolls work perfectly for this) and grill in a pan until warm and toasty.
Assemble. Tomato pesto first, then beef, onions and cream.
Shan Nihari Ingredients
1kg Beef/Mutton/Chicken, cut into 4-6 large pieces
- 11/2kg Knuckle/Marrow Bones
- 250g Ghee/Oil
- 100-150g Wheat Flour (ferina)
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1/2tsp Garlic Paste
- Shan Nihari Curry Mix
How to make Shan Nihari
- In a large pot, heat 150g of ghee, add the garlic, stir and add the meat, bones and Shan Nihari Mix. Fry for a few minutes and add 10 glasses water.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat until the meat is tender. (For beef 6-8 hours, for mutton 4-6 hours).
- Mix the flour with 3 cups of water and add this gradually to the meat juices, stirring constantly to mix evenly. Remove the bones and cook on a high heat for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee and cook the sliced onion until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the Nihari, cover and simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Shan Nihari Recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped green chillies, ginger and lime juice, accompanied by hot naan breads.
Tuscan Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
2 oz dried wild mushrooms
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp milk
- One 2-in square of white bread, crust removed
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped prosciutto or unsmoked ham
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lightly beaten egg yolk
- 1/2 cup unflavored bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
How to make Tuscan Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce
- Soak the mushrooms in two cups of lukewarm water for half an hour or more.
- In a bowl, break up the beef with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the milk and bread, and mash until creamy. Add the milk and bread to the meat, along with the onion, salt, pepper, prosciutto, cheese, and garlic. Mix thoroughly by hand. Mix in the lightly beaten egg yolk. Shape meat into a firm, round ball; then roll this into a salami-like loaf about two and a half inches thick. Tap with your palm to drive out any air bubbles. Roll the loaf in the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Drain the mushrooms (reserving the soaking water) and rinse them several times in clean, cold water. Chop the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Strain the soaking water through a fine sieve lined with paper towels. Whisk in the tomato paste and set aside.
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or heavy casserole pan just big enough for the meat. Brown the meat on all sides in the pan over medium heat after the butter foam subsides. Add the wine. Increase heat to medium high. Boil wine briskly until reduced one half, turning meat carefully once or twice. Turn heat to medium low and add chopped mushrooms. Add the tomato paste mushroom water to the meat and mushrooms. Cover and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, turning the meat once or twice.
- Carefully remove meat to a cutting board. Allow it to cool slightly and settle. Cut into slanted slices about 3/8 of an inch thick. If the sauce seems thin, concentrate it by boiling rapidly for a few minutes. Pour a little sauce on a warm serving platter, arrange the meat slices, then cover the remainder of the sauce.
- Tuscan Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce Recipe is ready to serve.
Traditional Roast Beef Hash Ingredients
Cooked roast beef
- Raw potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- Grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make Traditional Roast Beef Hash
- Take approximately equal proportions of beef, potatoes, and onions and put them through a meat grinder using a medium grinder attachment so that they are well mixed and ground.
- Heat a large frying pan, preferably a cast iron pan, on medium high to high heat. Add the hash to the frying pan so that a half an inch of hash covers the bottom of the pan. If you have more hash to cook, do so in separate batches. Add several tablespoons of oil. Brown the hash, stirring only infrequently at first to make sure that the hash has an opportunity to brown well.
- As you cook the hash, add pinches of salt and fresh ground pepper. Do this a couple of times with each batch of hash. Cook for at least 10 minutes and until the hash is well browned.
- Traditional Roast Beef Hash Recipe is ready to serve.