Recipes for beef
Oriental Beef Salad Ingredients
1 ts Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 ts Rice vinegar
- 1/2 ts Chinese sesame oil
- 1/2 ts Peanut oil
- 1 oz Cooked roast beef; cut into
- 1/2 c Cooked long-grain rice;
- 1/4 c Canned mandarin orange
- 2 tb Finely diced red or yellow
- 1 tb Sliced scallion (green
- 1 ts Sesame seed; toasted
How to make Oriental Beef Salad
- Source: Weight Watchers “Simply Light Cooking”
- In medium mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar and oils; add beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef mixture and toss to combine. Nutritional Information (from recipe): 273 calories, 12 g protein, 8 g fat, 37 g carbohydrates, 54 mg calcium, 226 mg sodium, 23 mg cholesterol, 1 g dietary fiber (fiber figure does not include sesame seeds). I doubled the main ingredients (beef, rice and vegetables). I doubled the amounts of soy sauce and vinegar (I didnt have rice vinegar, so used white wine vinegar) and added sesame oil to (my) taste – probably a dash more than 1/2 tsp. Completely forgot the peanut oil and it didnt seem to make any difference. I didnt have mandarin oranges, but had some canned Clementines (more tart than mandarins) and used them.
- Oriental Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Yield: 1 Servings
Asian Beef Salad Ingredients
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-lb.) flank steaks
- 1 (1 3/4-lb.) napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Soy-Sesame Dressing
How to make Asian Beef Salad
- Combine teriyaki sauce and oil in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning steaks occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Toss steak slices, cabbage, and next 5 ingredients together; drizzle with desired amount of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Asian Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Other: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Asian Grilled Beef Salad Ingredients
1 1/4 pound flank steak
- Marinade/ Dressing:
- 4 each cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 each scallions white part minced, green part thinly sliced for
- 2 each jalapeno chilies seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or fish sauce)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- To finish the salad:
- 1 ounce Asian rice noodles
- 1 head Boston lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 each cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced and broken into rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 ea scallion greens
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
How to make Asian Grilled Beef Salad
- Score the flank steak on both sides in a crosshatch pattern, as shown in the photo. Arrange the steak in a baking dish just large enough to hold it.
- Place the garlic, ginger, scallion whites, chilies, and sugar in a mixing bowl and mash to a paste with the back of the spoon. Add the soy sauce, lime juice, water, and sesame oil and stir or whisk until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Pour half the marinade over the steak and marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning several times to insure even marinating.
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water to cover in a large bowl for 1 hour. Taste them. If tender as is, drain well. If the rice noodles are still tough, cook in 3 quarts rapidly boiling water until tender 2 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Line your salad plates with large lettuce leaves. Tear the smaller leaves into 2 inch pieces. Place the lettuce pieces, cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, mint, cilantro, and basil in the mixing bowl with the reserved dressing, but to not mix.
- Grill the flank steak until cooked to taste 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes. Cut the steak into paper thin slices sharply on the diagonal.
- Toss the salad and loosely mound it on the lettuce lined plates. Place a mound of rice noodles in the center of each. Fan the beef slices on top of the salad and sprinkle with the scallion greens and peanuts. Serve at once.
- Asian Grilled Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Beef Roast Ingredients
1 kg beef rump
- 6 to 8 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 pcs of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 8 to 12 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns
- 8 to 12 cloves of garlic (lehsun), crushed
- 4 to 6 tbsp oil and few curry leaves (kadi patta)
For marinating beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
For Beef Roast Garnishing
- 3 big sized onions, finely cut in rings and fried till brown and crisp
- 4 to 6 big sized potatoes par boiled, peeled, cut in 4 lengthwise and fried to a golden brown & crisp
How to make Beef Roast
- Wash the chunk of meat nicely- drain
- Then prick nicely having a fork throughout marinate with all the ingredients given under marination for atleast 2-3 hrs or higher night inside fridge.
- Following day, make pressure pan add oil when hot add the full spices (cloves, cinnamon, dry chillies, pepper corns, garlic pod, curry leaves) & fry on med.
- Heat till the cloves, peppercorns pop up & the garlic is brown
- Now put the marinated meat chunk & fry turning all this to seal the juices, fry to some light brown on all sides.
- Add ½ cup of water with the marination juices cover the cooker, put the stopper & leave to cook after the first whistle lower flame to min. & leave to cook for 20 mins.
- When done put off gas & leave the cooker to cool upon it’s own.
- Open the lid & put back about the gas & continue cooking till every one of the soup continues to be absorbed through the meat
- Remove from heat & allow the meat cool off somewhat
- Cut into thin slices & keep. inside same pressure cooker pan add a somewhat more oil
- To the whole spices still inside cooker
- When hot fry the meat slices on med.
- Heat to a light brown (don’t fry it a lot of then it’s going to become hard) & remove. arrange the meat slices in the center of a platter, & decorate the perimeters with fried potato wedges & fried onions.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- In order to make a sauce to pour on the roast slices when you get rid of the chunk of meat for slicing
- Strain the soup – & keep aside.
- Discard the spices.
- Position the pressure cooker pan back onto the gas on medium heat
- Add 2-3 tbsp of butter when the butter has melted add 2 tbsps of maida flour & fry till the flour turns a golden brown now add the soup + ¼ – ½ cup of water & go on stirring
- Remove any lumps if any
- Continue stirring for 2 mins on low flame or till the sauce thickens
- Remove & serve over sliced roasted beef together with your fried potatoes, onions & ketchup.
- In the event the sauce becomes too thick add ¼ cup water & stir till the thickness is achieved.
Beef Karahi Gosht Ingredients
500 grams Mutton (pieces with bones)
- 250 grams Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. SaltClick to find more about Salt (or as required)
- 2 tsp. GarlicClick to find more about Garlic/GingerClick to find more about
- 1 large OnionClick to find more about Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp. TurmericClick to find more about Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black PepperClick to find more about Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garam masala Powder
- 5-6 Big Green Chilies
- Fresh Coriander LeavesClick to find more about Coriander Leaves, few
- 1/2 cup Soya Supreme Cooking Oil
- GingerClick to find more about Ginger Julienne few
How to make Beef Karahi Gosht
- Heat Cooking Oil in a karahi and add mutton, tomatoes, red chili powder, gingerClick to find more about ginger/garlicClick to find more about garlic paste and onionClick to find more about onion, stir well and cook over medium flame till the meat is quite tender. Add saltClick to find more about salt, coriander powder, turmericClick to find more about turmeric powder, black pepperClick to find more about black pepper powder and Garammasala powder, and stir well and cook for some time till the oil separates.
- Then add the yogurt and green chilies and let it cook for a few minutes on a medium fire. When it’s ready, remove from karahi into a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh coriander leavesClick to find more about coriander leaves and some gingerClick to find more about ginger julienne. Serve hot with parathas and salads, and if you want sprinkle little lemon juice and eat.
- Beef Karahi Gosht is ready to serve.
Spinach Beef Soup Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped carots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced (to taste, i use more cause i looove garlic!)
- 1 32oz. carton low sodium beef broth (you can use regular,
- i use ls caus dh is on sodium restricted diet)
- 1 carton water (use the broth carton)
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 2 c. cooked orzo (or other small pasta)
- salt pepper and spices to taste
How to make Spinach Beef Soup
- Brown the beef in a large stock pot and drain, set aside.
- In same pot sautee carrots, celery, onion and garlic on med heat, till onion starts looking translucent- about 5-10 min.
- Add beef stock and water and any seasonings and simmer untill vegetables are tender about 15-20 min.
- Add spinach and orzo, and simmer untill it wilts.
- Spinach Beef Soup is ready to serve.
Beef Satay Tikka Ingredients:
Beef, boneless (cut in squares) 1/2 kg
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- White cumin seed powder 1 tbsp Coriander seeds (roasted and ground) 1 tbspSalt to taste
- Soya Sauce
- Cooking oil 2 tbsp
How to make Beef Satay Tikka
- Combine meat, spices, and oil and marinate for 6-7 hours.
- Put meat on skewers and cook on griller.
- After grilling brush with more oil, serve with salad and chutney.
- Beef Satay Tikka is ready to serve.
Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom Ingredients
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 4 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
How to make Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Heat half the oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef until browned, stirring often. Set beef aside.
- Add remaining oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat until tender. Pour off fat.
- Add soup and paprika. Heat to a boil. Stir in sour cream and return beef to skillet. Heat through. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom is ready to serve.
Ginger Beef Stir Fry Ingredients
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
How to make Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the plum sauce, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the red pepper, broccoli, carrots, onions and garlic until tender. Return beef to the pan. Whisk the plum sauce mixture; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in peanuts. Serve over rice if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Ginger Beef Stir Fry is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Beef Fillets Ingredients
For the pasta
200 g Italian ’00′ flour
- 1 egg
- 6 egg yolks
- 50 g fine semolina flour
For the beef
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 150 g beef fillet, cut finely into strips
- 150 ml red wine, preferaby chianti
- 400 g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 50 g butter
How to make Beef Fillets
- For the pasta: combine the flour, egg and egg yolks in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together as dough. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut the pasta dough in half and feed one of the pieces through a pasta machine. Keep the remaining pasta covered. Continue feeding the pasta through the machine changing settings according to the machine instructions, ending on the required setting for pappardelle. Repeat with the remaining dough. It is best to leave the pasta covered in the fridge to dry out for 24 hours once you’ve cut it, however you can just leave it at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For the beef: fry the onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan until softened, then add the rosemary.
- Increase the heat and fry the beef with the vegetables for a few minutes. Add the red wine and tomatoes and simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Cook the pappardelle in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente (retaining bite). Drain the pasta and add it to the beef and tomatoes. Stir in the butter and serve.
- Beef Fillets is ready to serve.
Prep time: 30 min