Oriental Beef Salad Ingredients
1 ts Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 ts Rice vinegar
- 1/2 ts Chinese sesame oil
- 1/2 ts Peanut oil
- 1 oz Cooked roast beef; cut into
- 1/2 c Cooked long-grain rice;
- 1/4 c Canned mandarin orange
- 2 tb Finely diced red or yellow
- 1 tb Sliced scallion (green
- 1 ts Sesame seed; toasted
How to make Oriental Beef Salad
- Source: Weight Watchers “Simply Light Cooking”
- In medium mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar and oils; add beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef mixture and toss to combine. Nutritional Information (from recipe): 273 calories, 12 g protein, 8 g fat, 37 g carbohydrates, 54 mg calcium, 226 mg sodium, 23 mg cholesterol, 1 g dietary fiber (fiber figure does not include sesame seeds). I doubled the main ingredients (beef, rice and vegetables). I doubled the amounts of soy sauce and vinegar (I didnt have rice vinegar, so used white wine vinegar) and added sesame oil to (my) taste – probably a dash more than 1/2 tsp. Completely forgot the peanut oil and it didnt seem to make any difference. I didnt have mandarin oranges, but had some canned Clementines (more tart than mandarins) and used them.
- Oriental Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Yield: 1 Servings