Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil Ingredients
1/2 baguette or crusty long loaf bread, sliced (12 pieces)
- 2 large cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 small plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt
How to make Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Preheat broiler to high, (if you prefer you can also grill the bread). Place bread slices on a broiler pan. Char bread on each side under hot broiler, keep an eye on it! Rub toasts with cracked garlic and drizzle with oil. Chop seeded tomatoes and place in a small bowl. Pile basil leaves on top of one another and roll into a log. Thinly slice basil into green confetti and loosely combine with tomatoes. Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat. Pile toasts around the bowl of topping. Place a spoon to scoop topping in bowl and serve.
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Cook 2 min
Total: 12 min