- 200 gms Cottage cheese
- 1/2 kg Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- Yellow colour
- 2 tbsp Cardamom powder
How to make Raj Bhog:
- Mix cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Blend it well in mixie to make a powdered mixture.
- Add saffron milk and make a paste.
- Make small balls from this nut paste.
- Cut cheese into two parts
- Add saffron and colour to one part and keep the other part white.
- Make small balls from both the parts.
- Place a nut ball inside the white cheese balls.
- Cover this with coloured cheese balls.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Boil the cheese balls in syrup over medium flame.
- Cook it for more 20 minutes.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Serve with sugar syrup.
Pumpkin Halwa Ingredients:
- Grated Pumpkin – 2&1/2 cups
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Honey -1 cup
- Cardamom – 5
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Ghee – 1/4 cup (melted butter)
How to make Pumpkin Halwa:
- Roast the cashews in ghee until it becomes golden brown.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp ghee, add the grated pumpkin to it and stir well in low flame till the raw flavor is gone.
- To this add milk and cook till the pumpkin is tender. To this add sugar, honey, stir constantly in low flame.
- Add the roasted cashews and grounded cardamom mix well and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 tsp ghee to it and stir well, put in low flame till the ghee floats. Serve hot.
Poda Pitha Ingredients:
- 500 gm: Black gram dal (Urad Dal)
- 500 gm: Rice
- 1 medium size: Coconut (whole)
- 500 gm: Guda (jaggery) / sugar
- 2 teaspoonful: Salt
- 2 inches (15gms): Ginger
- 1 tsp: Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp: Ghee
How to make Poda Pitha:
- Soak black gram dal and rice for about six hours. Wash the dal and rice cleanly and grind it. The paste should be fine and thick. Add salt and mix well. Keep paste aside for 2/3 hours.
- Grate the coconut.
- Cut ginger into very small cub sizes.
- Then mix coconut, jaggery/sugar, ginger and black pepper powder and mix well
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes and grease it with ghee.
- Pour the paste into the tray and keep it in the oven. Keep the oven very hot for 30 minutes. Then keep it moderately hot for 30 minutes. It should be checked with a needle and when its colour is golden brown the Poda Pitha is ready to eat.
- Then remove the whole Poda Pitha (baked cake) from the oven and allow it to cool down.
- Cut it into small pieces and serve it with any chutney preferably with coconut chutney.
Pista Barfi Ingredients:
- 400 gms Pistachios (kernels removed)
- 250 gms Sugar
- Water (for sugar syrup) as required
- 7-8 Leaves edible silver foil (varakh)
How to make Pista Burfi:
- Blanch the pistachios in boiling water.
- Drain the water & remove peels.
- Make a dry paste of the blanched and peeled Pistachios without using water.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Mix the pistachio paste with the syrup and keep on stirring until it becomes solid.
- Now spread out the silver foil (varakh), and cut it into square pieces.
- Pista Barfi is ready.
Pineapple Sandesh Ingredients:
- 5-6 Fresh pineapple slices (thick)
- 1 ltr Milk
- 1 Cup fresh curd
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 Glass chilled water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4-5 Drops vanilla essence
How to make Pineapple Sandesh:
- Chop the pineapple into tiny pieces (after discarding ‘eyes’ and ‘bone’).
- On low heat, put chopped pineapple in a pan and sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over it.
- Add 1 tbsp water and cook while stirring till pineapple turns soft.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow the contents to cool.
- When cooled, drain it through a colander.
- Add lemon juice in 1/2 glass water.
- Pour milk in a deep pan and boil.
- Add curd and mix gently to curdle.
- Add lemon-water mixture in it to curdle completely.
- When transparency appears in the mixture, take off heat and add a glass of chilled water.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes and drain through a muslin cloth to collect remaining chhena.
- To cool and wash chhena well, hold the cloth containing chhena like a pouch under running cold water.
- Press out gently to remove excess water.
- Now remove the chhena from cloth and put it into a vessel.
- Add sugar and heat gently, stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Take off fire and cool to room temperature.
- Churn this sweet chhena in a mixie until very smooth.
- Take pineapple in a small cloth and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Blend this in mixie with vanilla essence till crushed.
- Add this crushed pineapple to chhena and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a plate and put it into refrigerator to set and chill.
- When almost set, press portions of the mixture into desired moulds.
- Allow to set like a soft pudding.
- Cut and serve chilled.
Pineapple Halwa Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cup Pineapples (grated)
- 150 gms Sugar
- 1/4 cup Khoya (grated)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 glass Water
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2-3 Almonds
How to make Pineapple Halwa:
- Take water in a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Now add the grated pineapple in it for boiling.
- Then add sugar and ghee. Stir continuously. Then add milk and Khoya and mix gently till the water evaporates.
- Cook it for at least 10 mins at low flame
- Now remove from the flame and sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Finally garnish with almonds and serve hot.
Pineapple Basundi Ingredients:
- 2½ cups Low-fat Milk
- 3/4 cup Pineapple (grated and fresh)
- 5 tsp Sugar
- A few strands of Saffron
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 cup Pineapple (cut into small pieces)
How to make Pineapple Basundi:
- Take some warm milk in a bowl and soak the saffron in it.
- In a non-stick pan, boil the milk. Stir continuously until the milk reduces to half.
- To it, add the saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Set it for refrigeration.
- In a nonstick pan, mix the pineapple and sugar and then cook for 6 minutes.
- Stir continuously, to dissolve the sugar. Set to cool.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the chilled milk and then mix.
- Garnish with pineapple cubes and serve.
Angoori Petha Ingredients:
- 2 kg. White pumpkin
- ¼ tsp slaked lime
- 3 cups sugar
- A few drops yellow food colour
- 1 cup dried coconut
How to make Angoori Petha:
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin.
- Scoop out balls from the pumpkin by using a melon scoop.
- Prick each pumpkin ball with a fork at close intervals.
- Rub the slaked lime on the pumpkin balls and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Wash the pumpkin balls thoroughly.Drain and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, mix the sugar and yellow food colouring with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove any impurities floating on the surface, using a slotted spoon.
- Put the pumpkin balls and cook on a high flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out from the fire. Cool completely.
- Drain from the sugar syrup and roll the petha balls in dried coconut.
- 2 Cups milk powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Chopped pistachio nuts
How to make Pedha:
- Prepare sugar syrup of one thread consistency.
- Add unsalted butter to the sugar syrup on medium flame
- Stir till the butter melts.
- Mix cardamom powder and milk powder to it.
- Stir till it turns to cake like batter.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Make balls from this batter.
- Adorn with chopped nuts.
- 200 gms Rice
- 2 Litres milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 200 gms Soft jaggery
- 2 tbsp Chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp Chopped almonds
- 6 Strands of kesar
How to make Payesh:
- Wash 200 gms rice and leave it for drying.
- Boil the milk for about 15 minutes.
- Add rice. Cook till rice is well done and milk becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, kesar and nutmeg powder.
- Add jaggery now. Stir till jaggery melts.
- Take out from the fire.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Payesh is ready.