Recipes for badam
Bread Halwa Ingredients
- Bread 1/2 pack
- Butter 1/2 cube
- Ghee 6 to 7 spoons
- Sugar 1 cup or according to your taste
- Milk 1 cup
How to make Bread Halwa
- Cut bread into pieces and in a big pan put 1 spoon of ghee and put the bread pieces and fry till light brown.
- Pour 1 cup of milk to it and mix well and add sugar 1 cup or according to your taste and keep mixing and keep the flame in medium always.
- Put 1/2 cube butter and mix well. Cook till it becomes like halwa. This will be good for nearly 2 weeks but you will have to keep it in fridge. Whenever you have it, make it a little hot and eat. It will be really good.
Bread Halwa Recipe is ready to serve.
Badam Cake Ingredients
Almonds (badam) 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 1/4 cup
How to make Badam Cake
- Soak almonds in warm water and remove skin
- Grind all the almonds together (without water) and make a paste. You can maybe add very little water..
- To this paste add the sugar and heat this mixture in a heavy non-stick pan.
- Keep stirring and keep adding ghee when you feel that the mixture needs a little moisture.
- After about 15 minutes, the mixture becomes small in quantity…transfer to a greased dish, spread the mixture and cut into desired shape.
Badam Cake is ready to serve.
Microwave Badam Cake Ingredients
2 cups almond (badam) paste ground with half tsp of saffron (kesar) strands
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ghee for greasing the plate on which you pour the mixture when done
How to make Microwave Badam Cake
- Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour half the quantity in a extra large glass bowl
- And keep it on micro hi for 6 minutes. take it out
- Every two minutes and mix well. add 1 tablespoon
- Ghee. then micro high for another 6 to 8 minutes
- Stirring every two minutes and when it is done you
- Will find that the mixture is of a consistency like
- Fresh concrete mixture. immediately pour in a
- Greased plate. cut into equal pieces when cool.
Microwave Badam Cake is ready to serve.
Badam Thandai Ingredients:
- Almonds (Badam)- 50 gm
- Pista – 20 gm
- White pepper – 2 gm
- Cardamom (Ilaaichi) – 5
- Dried rose petals – 10
- Rose water – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 700 gm
- Sodium benzoate- one pinch
How to make Badam Thandai:
- Grind almonds, pista, white pepper, cardamom and rose petals in a mixer to make dry powder.
- Take 700 ml of water & 700 gm of sugar in a pan. Add grounded powder into it and heat till one fourth water evaporates.
- Filter the liquid 2-3 times.
- Dissolve saffron in rose water.
- Add saffron mixed rose water and sodium benzoate in already prepared filtered liquid. Churn it in mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Now the Badam Thandai is ready. It can be stored in fridge for 1 year. Whenever required, add it in appropriate quantity in a glass of milk or plain water and Serve it (There is no need to add sugar).
Baadaam Sharbat Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg almond (badam)
- 2 kg sugar
- 1 kg water
- 1 tsp saffron (kesar)
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder (hari elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp potassium meta bi sulphate
How to make badam ka sharbat:
- Soak badam in water for 8-10 hours.
- Peel the outer covering.
- Boil sugar, water, kesar and elaichi powder in it.
- Boil it to one sugar syrup strand.
- Let it cool, then add some syrup to badam and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add syrup and potassium meta bi sulphate to the above.
- Fill it in a bottle.
Baadaam Doodh Ingredients:
- Whole shelled Almonds: ½ Cup
- Milk: 3 cups
- Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
- Saffron: 4 strands
How to make Baadaam Doodh:
- Soak almonds in plenty of water over night. In the morning, peel off the skin.
- In an electric blender or Food Processor, put the almonds and about one cup of milk. Grind it to a smooth fine paste.
- In a heavy pan, put the almond paste, remaining milk, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Turn town heat to slow simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes. The milk will thicken because of almonds and the reduction in milk through evaporation. The reduced milk gives it a creamy texture.
- Stir in saffron. Cook another five minutes.
Rava Payasam Ingredients:
- 1 litre Milk
- 100 gms Wheat Rava
- 200 gms Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Raisins
How to make Rava Payasam:
- Heat little ghee in a frying pan.
- Fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Fry wheat rava in the remaining ghee until the raw flavor gets lost.
- Boil 2 measures of water in a thick vessel.
- Add fried wheat rava and cook. Add sugar.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the flame.
- Boil and add the milk to payasam.
- Mix cashewnuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
- Rava Payasam is ready to serve.
Rava Ladoo Ingredients:
- 1 cup semolina (rava / suji)
- 1 cup sugar (cheeni)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tblsp currants (kishmish)
- 1 tblsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 3 tsp pure ghee
How to make rava ladoo:
- Cut the cashew nuts.
- Wash and dry the currants.
- Heat up a little ghee and lightly fry them.
- Keep aside.
- Heat up ghee in a deep pot and fry the semolina (suji) on low heat up till it turns light brown in colour.
- Then mix in sugar and milk and stir fry till the mixture becomes sticky.
- Mix in the cashew nuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Take off the pot from heat up and form the dough into small balls.
- Serve when cool and dry.
Rava Kesari Ingredients:
- Rava: 1 cup
- sugar: 1.5-2 cups
- cashewnuts: 10-12
- raisins: 15-20
- ghee: 4 tbsp or more
- orange food color (kesari): a pinch
- saffron: a pinch (optional)
- cloves: 3-4 (optional)
How to make Rava Kesari:
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan, fry the broken cashews and raisins (and optional cloves) and keep aside.
- Add another tbsp of ghee and fry the rava to a light pink color and keep aside.
- Heat 3 cups of water in the same pan, add the coloring and the saffron when it comes to a boil.
- Add the rava slowly, constantly stirring, and mix well.
- Allow the rava to be cooked at medium heat.
- The rava has to cook well.
- When it is fully cooked, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved, add the remaining ghee.
- Keep stirring until the rava starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins and cardamom powder.
- 8 Rasgulla Logs
- 1 recipe Sandesh
- 5 strands Saffron (soaked in 1 tbsp Milk)
- 1/2 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 Fresh Banana Leaves
- 1 tbsp Pistachio Slivers (garnishing)
- 2 drops Saffron Food Color (garnishing)
How to make Rasmadhuri:
- Make 8 boxes out of banana leaf boxes. Keep the boxes aside.
- Make rasgulla logs, following the instructions given in the recipe. Drain the syrup and slit the rasgulla logs from the middle, to divide them into two equal parts. Keep them aside.
- Divide the sandesh into two equal parts.
- Add saffron milk, chopped nuts and cardamom powder in one portion of sandesh and mix all the ingredients well. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and keep aside.
- Add milk to the other portion of sandesh. Mix well to make a smooth mixture.
- Sandwich one portion of the saffron-sandesh mixture between the two slit parts of each rasgulla log and put them in the banana leaf boxes.
- Top each box with the sandesh milk mixture. Fill the box completely with the mixture and smoothen the upper surface using the back of a knife.
- Garnish with pistachios silvers and lines of saffron color.
- Serve rasmadhuri chilled.