Recipes for apple
Apple Jam Ingredients:
- 1 kg cooking Apples (Seb)
- 750 grams Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Lemon (Nimbu) juice or 1/2 teaspoon Citric acid
How to make apple jam:
- Peel, core and cut the apples into slices, cook in water until tender.
- Add sugar and lemon juice or citric acid and stir on a hot fire until jam sets when tested.
- Cool a little and pour into sterilised jars and cork tightly.
- Serve after one day. <
Curried Carrot And Apple Soup Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 5 Large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 2 Large McIntosh or other apples, peeled and coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 1/2 cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Low-fat plain yogurt for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley, dill or basil for garnish (optional)
How to make Curried Carrot And Apple Soup:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or medium soup pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery; cook until the onion is softened and translucent, 8 to 12 minutes; do not brown.
- Stir in curry powder, then add carrots, apples and bay leaf. Stir well over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add broth and salt. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer until the carrots and apples are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer the soup solids to a food processor, adding about 1/2 cup of the broth; process to a smooth puree. Pour the puree back into the soup. Reheat and season with pepper. Serve piping hot, garnishing each serving, if you like, with a dab of yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Ingredients for Apple Cider Punch
- 4 qt apple cider
- 1 cuppacked brown sugar
- 6 ozfrozen lemonade
- 6 ozfrozen orange juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 tspground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks
How to make Apple Cider Punch
- If you use the whole all spice and cloves, tie them in cheesecloth.
- Heat the mixture.
- Stir occasionally.
- If you want an alcoholic drink, rum would be nice.
colossal caramel apple trifle Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make colossal caramel apple trifle
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture. Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Prep Time: 40 Min
Ready In:40 Min
- 4-5 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 2 onions, sliced
- 8-10 green chilies
How to make Sweet Apple Pickle:
- In a large non-aluminum pan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garam masala, ginger powder and fresh ginger.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add onion and apple slices and cook.
- Add green chilies and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes thick.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
3 cups sitaphal pulp
- 1 can condensed milk
- sugar if required
- Empty can of condensed milk in a large beating bowl.
- Chill condensed milk for 10minutes in freezer.
- Puree sitaphal pulp, saving a tbsp. a side.
- Beat condensed milk with an electric hand beater, till foamy.
- Add puree and beat again, fold in saved pulp.
- Make icecream either in icecream churner, or set in freezer tray.
- Stir with a fork or spoon every 1/2 hour, till icecream is almost set.
- Remove in bowl again, beat with a wooden spoon or spatula till light.
- Refreeze till well set.
- Serve in scoops or slices.
- Delicious Custard Apple (Sitaphal) Icecream is ready.
- 2 – medium sized apples (should be firm )
- 3 cups – milk (chilled)
- 1 to 2 tsp – sugar
- 1/2 tsp – cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp – honey
- 10 to 15 – ice cubes (crushed)
- apple slices for decoration
- Peel the apples and dice into cubes.
- In a blender mix all the ingredients to a smooth shake.
- Serve chilled and decorate with apple slices.
- 1 apple, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 glass milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
how to make Apple Shake
- Run apple, milk and sugar in mixie, till apple is crushed completely
- Chill the Shake
- Pour into glass, from a height; so froth forms
- Serve cold
Apple Cake Ingredients:
- Apple(peeled, sliced) 1
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Flour 200 gm
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Sugar(ground) 200 gm
- Oil 1 cup
- Milk(hot) 2 tbsp
- Walnuts(chopped) 50 gm
- Raisins(rolled in flour) 50 gm
- Cinnamon Powder 1 tsp
- Butter 1/2 tsp
How to make Apple Cake
- Rub the lemon juice on apple slices, and keep them aside.
- Sieve the flour twice mixed with baking powder.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, pour the oil and beat again.
- Add flour little by little into mixture, then add the milk, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon powder.
- Grease a medium size cake tin with butter, pour the batter into it, arrange the apple slice on top and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve plain or with cream mixed with a little lemon juice and cinnamon
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 35 Mins