Recipes for apple
Apple Cinnamon Tea Ingredients:
- 2 quarts bottled spring water or filtered water
- 1/4 cup loose black tea leaves or 8 standard tea bags
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 medium, crisp apples, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large stick cinnamon
- Sugar to taste
How to make Apple Cinnamon Tea:
- Bring water to a boil in a teakettle. Put tea leaves in a deep, heatproof bowl or large teapot. As soon as water begins to boil, pour over tea leaves; stir and let stand 4 minutes.
- Put lemons, apples and cinnamon in a pitcher. Strain tea through a fine wire-mesh sieve or coffee filter over fruit. Let steep at least 10 minutes before serving. Sweeten to taste and serve over ice. Serves 10.
Apple Preserve Ingredients:
- 1 kg cooking Apples (Seb)
- 750 grams Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Lemon (Nimbu) juice or 1/2 teaspoon Citric acid
How to make apple jam:
- Peel, core and cut the apples into slices, cook in water until tender.
- Add sugar and lemon juice or citric acid and stir on a hot fire until jam sets when tested.
- Cool a little and pour into sterilised jars and cork tightly.
- Serve after one day.
Green Apple Pickle Ingredients:
- Two small Green Apples.
- Chilli powder -1/2 teas spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- Vinegar 5 drops
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafoetida powder 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon.
How to make Green Apple Pickle:
- Cut apples into small pieces, add chilli powder and salt.
- Take oil in pan add mustard seeds, heat till seeds crackle. Immediately close the flame after adding fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Allow to cool.
- Then pour oil in the apples and you are ready to serve lunch. Store in refrigerator in air tight container.
Apple and Date Crumble Ingredients:
- 4 oz Margarine
- 4 oz Plain flour
- 3 oz Rolled oats
- 3 oz Sugar
- 2 Dessert apples
- 16 Dates
How to make Apple and Date Crumble:
Rub flour into margarine with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in oats and sugar. Halve dates, discarding stones. Core and finely chop apples. Toss chopped apple and dates together in shallow heatproof dish. Spread over crumble topping. Bake at Gas Mark 5/375F/190C for 30-40 minutes until golden-brown. Converted by MC_Buster. NOTES : Serve this fruity pudding with custard or cream for dessert Recipe by: Teletext (Ch4) Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Cranberry Apple Cobbler Ingredients:
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
How to make Cranberry Apple Cobbler:
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, cranberries, tapioca, cinnamon and water. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over hot apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
Apple and Mango Crumble Ingredients:
- 2 cooking apples
- 1 mango
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2oz margarine
- 2oz sugar shopping list
How to make Apple and Mango Crumble:
Core, peel and slice the apples and mango.?Put in a saucepan with 1cm deep of water. ?Cook gently until soft. ?Put fruit in bottom of a caserole dish.? Rub margarine into flour.?Stir in sugar.?Spread on top of fruit.?Bake for 30 minutes at 160C (Gas 5)?Serve hot with custard or cold with ice cream.
Apple Crisp Ingredients:
- 3 pounds tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
How to make Apple Crisp:
- Peel, core and chop the apples; toss in a bowl with lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the apples and toss to combine.
- In another bowl combine flour, sugar and oats. Cut butter into 8 small pieces, and cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Spread apple mixture in bottom of baking dish then sprinkle with flour mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with vanilla ice cream or a little heavy cream, if desired.
Apple citrus Salad Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
How to make Apple citrus Salad:
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate, honey, oil and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- On individual salad plates, arrange apple slices and orange sections over a bed of shredded lettuce or cabbage. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and top with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Apple Pickle Ingredients:
- 2 Apples
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
How to make Apple Pickle:
- Remove the apple skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Combine sugar ,vinegar, cloves and cinnamon in a pot.
- Bring it to boil on high flame.
- Reduce the flame and add the apple pieces.
- Cook till the apples became tender and the mixture got thicker.
- Put off the flame, pour it into sterilized jar.
Ingredients for Apple Pie Ice Cre
For Pie Filling
- 10 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 3 tbs butter
For Ice Cream
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups apple pie filling, chopped
- 3 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
How to make Apple Pie Ice cream
- To make the pie filling, toss all of the ingredient in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and cook just until apples are soft. Set aside to cool.
- For the ice cream, in a large saucepan combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour a small amount of the hot milk into the eggs and mix together. This should temper the egg mixture so that the eggs don’t cook. Add the rest of the milk mixture into the eggs and stir well.
- Add the egg mixture back to the saucepan and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture reaches 160 degrees. Remove from heat. Set the pan in ice and stir for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk in cream until blended. Coarsely chop the pie filling and add to the mixture. Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream machine or freezer two-thirds full. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Yield: 3 quarts