Recipes for apple
Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
How to make Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Place spinach, cranberries, pecans, apple, onion, carrot, and avocado into a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Apple Peanut Salad Ingredients
4 medium apples, diced
- 3 cups salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Apple Peanut Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, peanuts and whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Apple Peanut Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Apple Raisin Salad Ingredients
6 med apples, unpeeled and cored
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c raisins
- 1/2 c salad dressing
- 1 tbsp sugar
How to make Apple raisin Salad
- Cut apples into very small pieces. Add raisins and pecans. Mix sugar and salad dressing. Add and toss to mix thoroughly. Chill. Shredded carrot may be added for a touch of color.
- Apple Raisin Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Fresh Apple Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 tart apples, cored and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make Fresh Apple Salsa:
In a large bowl, stir together apples and lime juice. Stir in jalapeno and Anaheim chile slices. Stir in onion, cilantro, walnuts, ginger, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Healthy Apple Coleslaw Ingredients
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium cabbage, cored, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled, julienne
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely minced parsley leaves, optional
- 4 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, julienne
How to make Healthy Apple Coleslaw
- Prepare the Poppy Seed Dressing. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions, parsley, and apples. Pour in the reserved dressing and toss until well blended. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, mixing the salad at least once to evenly distribute the dressing.
- Healthy Apple Coleslaw is ready to serve.
Prep: 25 min
Cook Total: 1 hr 25 min
Apple Salad with Sour Cream Ingredients
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ‘/s teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium-size crisp apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pinenuts
How to make Apple Salad with Sour Cream
- In a serving bowl, combine the sour cream and lemon juice. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut out the cores. Dice the apple quarters, one by one, and stir the pieces into the sour cream mixture as you dice, to keep the apples from turning brown.
- Mix in the raisins and walnuts. Serve on the lettuce leaves. The salad tastes best slightly chilled.
- Apple Salad with Sour Cream is ready to serve.
Preparation: 10 min
Apple Whipped Cream Salad Ingredients
- 6 large apples of your choice ( I like a combination with at least 2 of them being granny smith)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 1/2 cup of water ( can use any kind of juice or liquor as long as liquid is added) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (Maine of course ) : )
- 4 Tablespoons apple Pie jam( this can’t be found everywhere but you can substitute regular apple jelly and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ***whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
How to make Apple Whipped Cream Salad
- Wash and core apples.
- Slice and toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl place raisins and liquid of your choice to plump.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, whisk together the maple syrup, apple pie jam, and cinnamon until the jam is completely dissolved.
- Add the apples and taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Add raisins and liquid and heat everything till warmed.
- For the syrup:
- Pour cream, vanilla and syrup in bowl and with electric mixer whip cream till stiff peaks form.
- Apple Whipped Cream Salad is ready to serve.
- Serve salad with a dollop of whipped cream.
Time to make: 20 minutes
Caramel Apple Trifle Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Additional apple pie spice, optional
How to make Caramel Apple Trifle
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Caramel Apple Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 14 servings.
Prep: 40 min. + chilling
Apple Cider Doughnut Ingredients:
- 2 red apples, such as Cortland or McIntosh
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 3 1/2 cups all-pourpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make Apple Cider Doughnut:
- Core and coarsely chop the apples (do not peel). Combine with 1 1/2 cups cider in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cover and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until the apples are tender and the cider is almost completely reduced, about 5 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth. Measure the sauce; you should have 1 cup. (Boil to reduce further, if necessary.) Let cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Beat 2/3 cup granulated sugar and the shortening in another bowl with a mixer on medium speed until sandy. Beat in the egg and yolk, then gradually mix in the applesauce, scraping the bowl. Beat in half of the flour mixture, then the buttermilk and vanilla, and then the remaining flour mixture. Mix to make a sticky dough; do not overmix.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper and pat into a 7-by-11-inch rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Simmer the remaining 1 cup cider in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup. Whisk in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth and glossy, then set aside. Mix the remaining 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside for the topping.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Cut the chilled dough into 12 rounds, using a floured 2 1/2- or 3-inch biscuit cutter, then cut out the middles with a 1-inch cutter (or use a doughnut cutter). Slip 2 or 3 doughnuts at a time into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side, adjusting the heat as needed. Transfer to the paper towels to drain.
- Dip one side of each doughnut in the cider glaze, letting the excess drip off; dip just the glazed side in the cinnamon-sugar or roll all over in cinnamon-sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Apple Mousse Cake Ingredients:
Digestive biscuit Base:
- 1 ½ cups Graham crackers crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 ml. fresh milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 green apple (diced, boiled with 3 tbsp water and pureed)
- 1 cup Heavy cream whipped with 2 tbsp powder sugar
- 1/4 lemon juice and zest
- 1 green apple , diced
- 1 tsp. apple liquor (optional) ( I didn’t use it)
- 1 ½ tbsp gelatine powder + 60 gm. water (sprinkle gelatine over water and set aside to soften)
- 1 green apple, thinly cut into wedges
- 1 envelope green apple jelly.
How to make Apple Mousse Cake:
- Blend biscuit till fine and cinnamon and add in melted butter. Mix thoroughly and press into an 8″ cake ring with a base below. Bake in a 375F preheated oven and cool completely.
- Bring milk and sugar to boil. Let cool slightly and add in egg yolk stirring till combined. Add in apple puree, gelatine mixture, diced apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple liquor if using. Fold in whipped cream and pour over the cooled crust. Chill 4-5 hours or overnight.