Recipes for apple pudding
Apple Bread Butter Pudding Ingredients
4 thick slices Thickly Buttered White Bread [or equivalent in other bread]
- 1 oz Raisins
- 1 oz Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Dessert Apple
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 pt Milk
- 1 tbsp Sherry
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Demerema Sugar
How to make Apple Bread Butter Pudding
- Grease a deep sided dish about 7″ diameter or a small casserole. Cut the crusts off the bread and set aside to fill in any ‘gaps’ then cut the slices into eighths.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon & raisins. Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the bread [butter side down] and sprinkle just under half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer or bread and sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Peel, core and finely dice the apple, place in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook until just tender. Put half the apple piece over the bread and sugar
- Put another layer of bread in the dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the apple and the remaining sugar of the bread. Top with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Mix the milk, egg and sherry and pour very slowly over the bread, try to get some on every piece.
- Turn the oven on to 190°C [170°C fan ovens] and leave the dish to stand for 15-20 min [the longer it soaks the softer the end result].
- Sprinkle the demerera sugar over the top and bake for 45 min until browned.
Apple Bread Butter Pudding is ready to serve.
Apple Pudding Ingredients
6 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
How to make Apple Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Toss apples with flour, sugar and salt and place in a 9×9 inch baking dish. Pour enough milk into dish to come almost to the top of the apples, but not cover them.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until apples are tender.
Apple Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr