Recipes for apple pie
- Your five big Granny Smith apples: peeled, cored and also sliced up
- 1/2 glass white glucose
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp soil cinnamon
- Two tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 pot white-colored sugars
- 1/2 pot all-purpose flour
- 1/2 glass butter
- One menu pastry to get a 9 in . solitary crust pie
How to make Dutch Apple Pie
- Preheat stove to be able to 425 diplomas Farreneheit (Two hundred and twenty degrees D).
- Mix 1/2 glass glucose, Two tbsps . flour, and sugar-cinnamon. Serve around celery inside brown crust area. Spread freshly squeezed lemon juice ahead.
- Reduce 1/2 glass sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup butter or even margarine collectively, along with leading pie while using mixture.
- Acquire a pair of 15 inches items of parchment cardstock and block off pie; retract edges upward Three times. Place on a new baking sheet.
- Prepare inside pre-heated stove with regard to One hour. Take away via stove, split parchment open up and cool pie about wire holder. DO NOT open up parchment addressing although baking! Serve cozy, as well as with place heat.
Dutch Apple Pie is ready to serve.
A single qt. Everclear
- 1 gal. Apple Juice
- 1 gal. Cider, apple
- Seven branches Cinnamon Stay
- 900 gary (Several Glasses) Sugar
How to make Apple Pie Drink
- Combine apple fruit juice, apple cider, glucose, and also cinnamon sticks with each other.
- Boil until finally nutmeg sticks drop flavoring.
- Put Everclear. Refrigerate.
Apple Pie Drink is ready to serve.
Pastry for just two crusts (recipe below)
- Eight cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples – about 3 lbs. (Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonathan)
- Two Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Two Tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon milk
How to make Apple Pie
- Inside a large dish, throw the actual sliced apples along with lemon juice.
- Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; increase apples and toss nicely in order to layer.
- Fill pastry covered Nine in . pie skillet along with apple company combination. Us dot along with butter.
- Place second brown crust area on top of cake filling, reduce slits in top of brown crust area in order to vent. Close off the edges from the crust with a fork or even by hand.
- In a small bowl, defeat the actual egg yolk and milk. Brush mixture more than best brown crust area.
- Bake at 425 levels Y with regard to Fifteen minutes.
- Reduce warmth in order to Three hundred and fifty degrees Y as well as bake 40-45 minutes much more or until crust is golden as well as filling up is bubbly.
Apple Pie is ready to serve.
Perfect Apple Pie Ingredients
3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- scant tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lard
- 4 Tablespoons Crisco shortening
- large pinch Rumford Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk powder OR:
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar ADDED TO:
- 5-7 Tablespoons ice water
- one stick plus 1/3 stick butter, frozen in advance
- 10 Apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of mace (optional)
- sprinkle of vanilla
- lemon juice
- Flour, cornstarch, or arrowroot for thickening
How to Make a Perfect Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F, then reduce to 375°F after pie is in the oven.
Combine dry ingredients. Mix together Crisco and lard in metal bowl. Sprinkle with flour mixture. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove butter from freezer and slice into 1/2 inch chunks. Add to bowl. Work butter and shortenings together into flour with fingers or a pastry blender, leaving large chunks, the size of walnuts. The purpose is to coat the butter particles with flour, but not to allow the butter or shortenings to melt. Do not overwork the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice or vinegar to ice water and stir quickly into dry ingredients. Mix briefly, less than 45 seconds, leave large unincorporated pockets of butter and shortening. If mixture is beginning to melt, refrigerate briefly.
- Gather mixture together into a flat disc, approximately 1 inch thick, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour or up to 2 days. Freeze if you want to reserve longer than 2 days. The half hour rest is necessary so that the dough will become easier to roll out. The buttermilk powder and/or lemon juice also helps relax the dough and prevent gluten, which can make for a tough crust.
- NOTE: For a flakier pie crust, reserve 1/3 stick of butter and slice lengthwise, 1/8 inch thick. Place strips of butter onto dough and then fold into thirds before refrigerating for half hour resting period.
- For the filling, use a combination of different types of apples. The best combination consists of mostly Granny Smith apples and a few Cortland types. The Granny Smith apples retain their shape when cooked and provide tartness and flavor. Meanwhile, the Cortland apples cook down into applesauce.
- Mix the nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon with the sugar. Sprinkle the sugar with a few drops of pure vanilla extract. Work the butter and 2 Tablespoons flour or other thickener into the sugar. Slice the apples into thin wedges and place apples into pre-rolled out and fitted pie crust, packing apples in tightly, since they will cook down significantly. Mound apples higher in center. Sprinkle over the apples the juice of 1/2 lemon, then sprinkle the sugar-spice mixture over the apples evenly. Roll out and place top crust, fluting edges to seal tightly and creating several vent holes to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of crust with a mixture of one egg white and one tablespoon of water or with a little cream. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Variation: One method of making a nice base for your apple pie is to peel a portion of the apples, placing the skins, cores, lemon peels, cinnamon sticks, and fresh grated ginger, into a saucepan with sugar and half cup of water or apple juice. Simmer over low heat for about an hour and strain, reserving the liquid. Thicken 1/2 cup of the strained liquid with 1-2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot and cool. Add 1/4 tsp vanilla, the sliced and peeled apples, and pour into the pie shell. This is a nice variation when you don’t have cortland apples to mix in with the granny smiths because it keeps the pie from being too dry. The liquid is enough for one 10-inch pie about 4 inches tall at center. Adjust according to your pie size.
- Bake about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- I’ve found that freshly grated ginger much improves the flavor over the ground type in this recipe.
Perfect Apple Pie is ready to serve.
Apple Pie by Grandma Ople Ingredients
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
Apple Pie by Grandma Ople
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Apple Pie by Grandma Ople Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min
Caramel Apple Trifle Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Additional apple pie spice, optional
How to make Caramel Apple Trifle
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Caramel Apple Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 14 servings.
Prep: 40 min. + chilling
- Egg yolk, beaten 1
- Egg, beaten 1
- Castor sugar 50 gm
- Plain flour 2 tbsp
- Double cream 114 ml
For Apple Pie Pastry:
- Butter into 100 gm sifted plain flour 65 gm
- Egg yolk 1
- Cold water 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar 1 tbsp
How to make Apple Pie Recipe
- Rub the butter into the flour and icing sugar until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix to a dough with the egg yolk and cold water.
- Knead until smooth.
- Roll out to line a deep 8″ loose-bottom flan tin.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200Â°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry case and cool.
- Peel, core and halve the apples.
- Make shallow cuts in each half.
- Put in the pastry case.
- Mix the beaten egg and caster sugar and blend until pale and thick.
- Beat in the plain flour and double cream.
- Pour in to the pastry case.
- Bake at 190Â°C for 45 minutes.
Preparation Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 60 Mins