Apple Banana Cupcakes Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and shredded
How to make Apple Banana Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk. Beat in the
flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and
shredded apples. Fill each muffin cup half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into
the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Apple Banana Cupcakes is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:45 Min