1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water, ice cold
- Three 1/2 pounds Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonagold apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- One and a halfTablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- One and a halfcup flour
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled, reduce within pieces
How to make Apple Crumb Pie
- Preheat oven to 485 levels Y.
- To make crust: mix with each other flour and salt inside a medium bowl.
- Use a pastry mixer or even Two knives to cut the reducing into the flour mixture till rough crumbs are formed.
- Include water, One and a halftablespoon at any given time, throwing with a hand, until the money types.
- Shape right into a toned group then wrap within plastic material cover as well as cool for Half an hour.
- On the floured surface, move dough with a floured moving pin number right into a 12″ group. Fit into the 9″ cake skillet. Cut extra dough, leaving single inch overhang; touch sides in order to flute.
- To prepare filling: in a large dish, throw together lemon juice, apples, sugar, nutmeg, sugar-cinnamon as well as salt. Tea spoon mixture evenly into crust.
- To organize topping: mix together brown sugar, nutmeg as well as flour in a small dish.
- Use a pastry blender or even Two kitchen knives to chop the butter in to the brown sugar combination till coarse particles type.
- Sprinkle the actual crumb topping equally over the filling to cover totally.
- 1 Place aluminum foil close to crust to prevent burning up. Make, rotating midway via for Forty moments, eliminate foil as well as make an additional 20 minutes.
Apple Crumb Pie is ready to serve.