Home / Tag Archives: annam
Miriyala Annam Ingredients:
- 3 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper corns
- 1 1/2 tbsp seasame seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- salt to taste
How to make Miriyala Annam:
- Dry roast the black pepper corns,sesame seeds and curry leaves in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat tossing them around till the flavors come out and you find a nice aroma emanates the kitchen.
- Once the seasame seeds change color you can turn off the heat and make a coarse powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds and let them pop.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them brown.
- Add the cooked rice and combine it with the tempering.
- Now add the ground spice pwd and salt and combine the rice with it such that the spices coat the rice well.
- The full flavor of the pepper is obtained on freshly ground pepper corns which enhances the taste of the rice giving it a sharper, more lively flavor than the pre-ground pepper powder and also by adding it towards the end of the cooking process which further enhances its taste.
- Serve hot with any gravy curry or plain rasam ,appadam(papad) and curds.