Home / Tag Archives: Andhra Style
Tag Archives: Andhra Style
Tamarind Rice Andhra Style Ingredients:
- Rice — 3 cups
- Tamarind Extract — 5 tbsp.
- Split Bengal Gram — 2 tbsp.
- Peanuts — 0.5 cup
- Mustard Seeds — 0.5 tsp.
- Dried Red Chile — 5
- Green Chile — 4
- Black Pepper Corns — 8
- Turmeric Powder — 0.5 tsp.
- Oil — 0.5 cup
- Water — 5 cups
- Coriander Leaves — 1 bunch
- Curry Leaves — 20
- Sesame Seeds — 1 tbsp. (powdered)
- Asafoetida — 0.5 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
How to make Tamarind Rice Andhra Style:
- In a large bowl, add water and rice and cook until well done.
- Remove from heat and in a wide, large bowl spread out the rice.
- Add turmeric, half of the curry leaves and three tablespoons of oil to the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Keep it aside. Meanwhile in a skillet, heat remaining oil on lowheat.
- To this add black mustard seeds, split bengal gram, red chile, pepper corns and peanuts.
- When the bengal gram turns light brown, add coriander leaves,remaining curry leaves,
- asafoetida, sliced green chiles and tamarind extract.
- Stir well. Remove from heat. Now add salt and sesame seed powder to the skillet and add it all to the bowl containing rice.
- Mix thoroughly. Serve with Verusanagapappu
- Pacchadi or plain yoghurt.