Amaretti Cookies Ingredients
3 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
How to make Amaretti Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine meal. Add the sugar and continue to process for another 15 seconds. Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to process until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
- Using a teaspoon, place well rounded spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies should be at least 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Cookies should be golden. Allow cookies to cool completely on the paper before removing. Store in a dry place.
- Amaretti Cookies is ready to serve.