Recipes for aloo gosht ka salan
Aloo Gosht Ingredients
1 Kg. Mutton
- ½ kg Potato -peeled and cut into pieces of 1 to 2 inches.
- ¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 1 tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
- 3 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) seeds powder
- 2-3 medium onion –chopped or sliced
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tbs. ginger (Adrak) paste
- 1 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 6-8 cloves (Laung)
- 6-8 black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 2 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
- 1-1½ tsp. salt (according to taste)
- 1 cup fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
- 2-3 green chilies – chopped
- 1-2 Lemon
How to make Aloo Gosht
- Fry the onion in oil till brown. Remove the onion and grind.
- Add haldi, dhaniya, mirch, garlic, ginger and salt in the oil. Fry with little water till it dries.
- Add mutton and ground onion and cook till water dries again.
- Add 3 to 4 glasses of water, cover and cook till the meat tenderizes.
- When meat is almost done add potatoes and cook till the potatoes are cooked and the required gravy is left. Cook throughout on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh dhaniya, green chilies and lemon.
- Serve with naan.
Serving: 6 – 8 persons