Home / Tag Archives: aloo achar
Potato Pickle Ingredients:
- 250 gms potatoes, slightly boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 25 gms chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 13 gms garlic, crushed
- 13 gms methi (fenugreek) seeds, powdered
- 2 lemons
- 50 gms oil
- 2 1/2 gms mustard seeds
- 2-3 red chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to make Potato Pickle
- Pat dry the potato pieces with a cloth or paper towel and place in a clean bowl; add chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, methi seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add red chilies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and pour over the potato pieces.
- Finally add lemon juice; mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- After 3 days, mix the mixture well.
Potato Pickle is ready to serve.