- 1/2 lg Small potatoes
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 4 each Cardamoms (brown) & Cloves
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 7-8 Black pepper
- 1 pinch each Cinnamon & Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
- 2 Cardamom (green)
- 4 tbsp Ghee/oil
- 4-5 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp each Ginger-garlic paste and chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cup Yogurt
- 1 Medium size onion (grated) & salt to taste
- Take coriander seeds, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cardamom green and grind it in a blender to make fine powder.
- Peel off the potatoes and prick it.
- Heat oil in pressure pan for about one minute. Fry the potatoes in oil over medium heat till they change the color from white to light brown. Set aside.
- Add bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, grated onion to the remaining oil. Fry till the paste becomes reddish brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
- Add the garam masala prepared in step1 to this mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Fry it about a minute.
- Now add milk to make the gravy. Then add yogurt (fine) and continuously stir it.
- If you find the gravy too thick, you can add some water.
- Finally add pricked fried potatoes to the gravy and pressure cook it. Switch off the gas after 4-5 minutes (before first whistle).
Decorate it with green coriander leaves and serve hot.