Recipes for aloo
- 1/2 lg Small potatoes
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 4 each Cardamoms (brown) & Cloves
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 7-8 Black pepper
- 1 pinch each Cinnamon & Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
- 2 Cardamom (green)
- 4 tbsp Ghee/oil
- 4-5 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp each Ginger-garlic paste and chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cup Yogurt
- 1 Medium size onion (grated) & salt to taste
- Take coriander seeds, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cardamom green and grind it in a blender to make fine powder.
- Peel off the potatoes and prick it.
- Heat oil in pressure pan for about one minute. Fry the potatoes in oil over medium heat till they change the color from white to light brown. Set aside.
- Add bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, grated onion to the remaining oil. Fry till the paste becomes reddish brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
- Add the garam masala prepared in step1 to this mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Fry it about a minute.
- Now add milk to make the gravy. Then add yogurt (fine) and continuously stir it.
- If you find the gravy too thick, you can add some water.
- Finally add pricked fried potatoes to the gravy and pressure cook it. Switch off the gas after 4-5 minutes (before first whistle).
Decorate it with green coriander leaves and serve hot.
Potato Pickle Ingredients:
- 250 gms potatoes, slightly boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 25 gms chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 13 gms garlic, crushed
- 13 gms methi (fenugreek) seeds, powdered
- 2 lemons
- 50 gms oil
- 2 1/2 gms mustard seeds
- 2-3 red chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to make Potato Pickle
- Pat dry the potato pieces with a cloth or paper towel and place in a clean bowl; add chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, methi seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add red chilies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and pour over the potato pieces.
- Finally add lemon juice; mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- After 3 days, mix the mixture well.
Potato Pickle is ready to serve.
Aloo ki Roti Ingredients
1/2 lb. potatoes all purpose or Russet
- 1/2 cup flour all purpose
- 2 Medium green chilies minced – preferably serranos
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper crushed dried flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mango powder – amchur
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil or melted ghee
- Oilfor drizzling
- Flourfor dusting
How to make Aloo ki Roti
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash. Add flour, chilies, cilantro, pepper flakes, mango powder,cumin and coriander seeds and salt. Mix well with finger tips. Drizzle oil on top and continue to mix by hand. Dough will be soft and pliable. Divide into 6 portions, roll into balls and set aside covered.
- Lightly dust rolling surface with flour. Take a ball of dough and flatten into a 2″ round patty. Roll into 1/4″ thick circle, lifting and turning dough over to make sure it doesn’t stick. Dust lightly with additional flour if necessary. Repeat process with remaining dough. Set aside, without allowing edges to touch.
- Heat griddle on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until a drop of water flicked on it sizzles. Carefully transfer a roti to griddle and drizzle 1/4 teaspoon oil around edges, tilting griddle to allow oil to run under roti. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, until brown spots appear. Turn over and repeat process with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Cook about 1 minute, until brown
spots appear. Remove to serving plate and keep warm. Cook remaining rotis in the same way.
- Serve with curry or a side dish.
- Aloo ki Roti is ready to serve.
Aloo ka Paratha Ingredients
2 boiled Potatoes
- 1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
- 1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- Salt Red Chili powder and Garam masala as per taste
How to make aaloo paratha :
- For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
- Now roll it slightly. Put it in a pre-heated oven at 450-degree. Cover top oven grill with aluminum foil & Place Paratha over it for easy baking.
- When top side is done change the side and keep a check (till properly baked)
- Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd).
- Aloo ka Paratha is ready to serve.
Aloo Methi ki Tikki Ingredients
2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 3 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) , dry roasted and crushed
- 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur) powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for cooking
How to make Aloo Methi ki Tikki
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds will start crackling, add green chilies, onion, ginger and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well then saute for 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture to cool.
- Make 8 balls of the mixture then shape flat tikki.
- Roll the tikki’s in breadcrumbs and coated from all sides.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep fry all tikki’s till they become golden brown in color.
- Aloo Methi ki Tikki is ready to serve, hot.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 8 tikki’s
Aloo Matar keema Recipe Ingredients:
- Minced meat – 200 grms
- Ginger and Gralic paste : 10 tsp
- Onion – 1 ( chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 ( Chopped)
- Capsicum Pepper – 1 ( chopped) optional
- Coriander Leaves – 1 handful ( Optional)
- Salt – taste
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 2 tsp ( Or according to taste )
- Green peas – 1/2 cup ( frozen ), can use fresh green peas, but have to cook it before adding to the dish.
- Oil – To fry
How to make Aloo Matar keema Recipe:
- Heat the oil and fry the onions, tomatoes and ginger and garlic , Fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Then make it cool and then grind it into fine paste, by adding water.
- If you are using coriander leaves, add it now and grind it into paste ( this is optional)
Aloo Tikki Chole Ingredients:
- 250 gms chhole (soaked overnight & boiled)
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chhole masala
- salt to taste.
- 3 potatoes (boiled)
- 3green chillies
- oil for cooking
- 2 cups curd (beaten & sweetened),
- Tamarind chutney,
- 1 small onion,
- coriander leaves & sev
How to make Aloo Tikki Chole:
- Take a pan put oil in it & add cumin seeds.Add onions & fry till golden brown.Now add gram flour & roast till it starts smelling. lower the flame of gas.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chole masala & salt to taste. Add tomato(chopped finely) & water & cook till it forms gravy.
- For aloo tikki, take boiled potatoes & mash it. Add salt, green chillies(chopped finely) & coriander & mix it well (add plain flour if needed).
- Make small tikkies of it. Take a non stick pan, put some oil & roast the tikkies from both sides till golden brown.
- For serving. take a plate, put tikkies & put chhole over it.
- Then put curd, tamarind chutney on it. Sprinkle red chilli powder,salt on it. Garnish with onion & Coriander leaves & sev.
Aloo Tikki Burger Ingredients:
- 10 Burger Buns
- 5 tsp Butter
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 2 Cucumber (sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- Cabbage (shredded)
- 10 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 10 tbsp Green Chutney
- 4 Potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- 10 slices Brown Bread (crumbs)
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Amchur
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 100 gms Paneer (grated)
How to make Aloo Tikki Burger:
- Mix all the ingredients of tikki except paneer and oil. After mixing it well, make 10 balls out of it.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Now, take one ball at a time and stuff it with one tsp of paneer and shape it into a flat tikki.
- Make all the tikkis and shallow fry in the pan from both the sides on slow flame.
- Take one burger bun and cut it from the middle. Toast it with little butter.
- Put one tsp of ketchup on one side of the bun and one tsp of green chutney on the other.
- Place a tikki on the bun, followed by a slice of tomato, cucumber and onion. At last, put some shredded cabbage and cover it with the other part of the bun.
- Pierce a toothpick through the bun. Likewise, make all the burgers.
- Aloo Tikki Burger is ready to eat. Serve hot with green chutney and ketchup.
Dum Aloo Amritsari Ingredients:
- ½ kg boiled Potatoes
- ¼ kg boiled Peas
- 2 tsp Yoghur
- ¼ kg Onions
- Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- ¼ kg grated Paneer
- ¼ kg chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 4 green Chilli, Garlic, Ginger, Cloves, Cinnamon
How to make Dum Aloo Amritsari:
- Boil peas and grate the paneer. Mix them well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add green chilies, coriander leaves, salt and garam masala, garlic, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add onion and cook until it turns brown.
- Now add Yoghurt mixed with chopped tomatoes and cook until it turns into a thick gravy.
- Cut potatoes in 2 halves. Remove the center, fill it with paneer masala.
- Deep fry potatoes dipped in corn flour and salt mixture.
- Add the fried potatoes to the gravy and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Dahi Wale Aloo Ingredients:
- 500gm aloo (potatoes) boiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp ginger-finely sliced
- a pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
How to make Dahi Wale Aloo:
- Break the aloo (potatoes), by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the fist. Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame, add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir a few times until well mixed, add potatoes and green chillies, turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve aloo dahi wale hot, garnished with coriander leaves.