Recipes for Almond
Almond Strawberry Salad Ingredients
3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced honey-roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
How to make Almond Strawberry Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, honey and sugar; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Almond Strawberry Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Almond Chicken Salad Ingredients
4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
How to make Almond Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard until smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated. Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.
- Almond Chicken Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Yogurt-Spiced Chicken with Almond & Coriander Rice Ingredients:
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp Madras or other Indian curry paste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 3 cardamom pods , squashed
- 150g brown basmati rice
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds , toasted
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped (optional)
- ½ bunch coriander , chopped
How to make Yogurt-Spiced Chicken with Almond & Coriander Rice:
- Mix the yogurt and curry paste and toss with the chicken breasts. Heat a knob of butter in a wide shallow pan with a lid. Cook the onion and cardamom for 5 minutes then tip in the rice and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender (you might need to add a little more stock).
- Griddle or grill the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through. Stir the almonds, chilli and coriander through the rice. Slice the breasts and sit on top of the rice.
Chicken Badami Korma Ingredients:
- 500 gm chicken with bones
- 250 gm yogurt, beaten
- 500 gm onions, finely sliced
- Whole all spices as required( cloves, whole black pepper, cinnamon, small and big cardamoms)
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp all spices powder
- 20 gm jaifel jalwatery
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- Few drops kewra
- 15-20 almonds, boiled and peeled, make paste
How to make Chicken Badami Korma:
- Heat the oil in pan and fry the onions till they are brown. Now take the onions out and set them aside.
- Now fry the garlic and ginger in same pan. Add chicken and cook it for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, red chili, coriander powder, cloves, whole black pepper, small and big cardamoms, cinnamon stick and salt.
- When chicken is cooked then add the crushed fried onions and kewra in it. Grind the jailfel and jalwatry and add it to korma and also add all spices powder.
- When chicken is ready then add almonds paste in it. Cook for 1 minute and serve it with naan.
Badam Thandai Ingredients:
- Almonds (Badam)- 50 gm
- Pista – 20 gm
- White pepper – 2 gm
- Cardamom (Ilaaichi) – 5
- Dried rose petals – 10
- Rose water – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 700 gm
- Sodium benzoate- one pinch
How to make Badam Thandai:
- Grind almonds, pista, white pepper, cardamom and rose petals in a mixer to make dry powder.
- Take 700 ml of water & 700 gm of sugar in a pan. Add grounded powder into it and heat till one fourth water evaporates.
- Filter the liquid 2-3 times.
- Dissolve saffron in rose water.
- Add saffron mixed rose water and sodium benzoate in already prepared filtered liquid. Churn it in mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Now the Badam Thandai is ready. It can be stored in fridge for 1 year. Whenever required, add it in appropriate quantity in a glass of milk or plain water and Serve it (There is no need to add sugar).
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup water
- 6 green cardamom pods
- few strands of saffron
- sugar to taste
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Remove the skin and grind along with cardamom and sugar.
- Then add milk into the blender , and blend along with the other ingredients.
- Add one or two cups of water as the thickness consistency desired. Garnish with Saffron strands.
- Serve chilled.
- 500gm almonds, blanched
- 2 kg sugar
- 1 kg water
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp potassium meta bi sulfate
- Soak almonds in water for 2 hours.
- Peel the outer covering.
- Boil sugar, water, saffron and green cardamom powder in it.
- Boil it to one sugar syrup strand.
- Let it cool, then add some syrup to almonds and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add syrup and potassium meta bi sulfate to the above.
- Fill it in a bottle.