Recipes for almond soup
Almond Soup Ingredients
15-20 almonds ( badam )
- 4 cups white stock (refer handy tip)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour ( maida )
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 3 to 4 drops almond essence
- salt and to taste
- 2 tbsp cream
How to make Almond Soup
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 mins, drain and remove skin.
- Keep 2-3 almonds aside and blend the remaining in the mixer till smooth utilizing a little stock.
- Cut the remaining almonds into slivers and bake them in an oven until crisp. Keep aside.
- Add the prepared almond paste on the white stock and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter inside a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and sauté over the slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously, fostering the flour doesn’t discolor.
- Add the almond paste and remaining white stock, mix well and give boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, almond essence, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Almond Soup is ready to serve, garnished with almond slivers.
Prepn Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Soaking Time: 10 Minutes
yield: 4 servings
- Combine 2 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (potatoes, onions, pumpkin and cabbage) with 5 glasses of water and pressure cook for Three to four whistles, blend till smooth and strain. You will definitely get 4 glasses of white stock, use as required.