Recipes for almonds
Looking for almond recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 300 trusted almond recipes complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips.Sponsored Links:
Chana Dal Payasam Ingredients:
- 1 Cup soaked channa dal
- 1 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Cup jaggery
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 5 Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Coconut powder
How to make Chana Dal Payasam:
- Boil the chana dal tiil it gets cooked.
- Add coconut milk and jaggery.
- Cook till the mixture turns thick.
- Fry coconut powder and cardamoms in ghee.
- Add ghee and and fried cadamoms in channa dal mixture.
- Mix it properly.
- Adorn with fried coconut powder.
- 450 gms Paneer
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Rose Water
- A few strands of Saffron
- 200gms Fresh Thickened/ Double Cream
How to make Cham-Cham:
- Put the paneer in a bowl and knead it. Knead till all the lumps are removed and the paneer/cheese is absolutely smooth.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar and water in a pressure cooker and bring the mixture to a boil (without covering the pressure cooker).
- While the sugar syrup boils, divide the paneer dough into small oblong shaped balls and roll between your palms till smooth.
- Gently dip the balls to the sugar syrup and cover the pressure cooker. After the first whistle, wait for 8-10 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Release the steam from the pressure cooker and allow the Cham-Chams to cool completely before touching them.
- When cool, pour the rose water and saffron strands on the Cham-Chams and chill for a few hours.
- When chilled, remove the Cham-Chams from the syrup and arrange in a platter.
- Whisk the fresh cream till thick and fluffy. Fill into an icing bag and pipe a swirl out (with a thick nozzle) onto each Cham-Cham.
- Garnish with slivers of your favorite dried fruit and serve.
Carrot Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 cup Carrot (grated)
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Coconut(grated)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Broken Cashew nuts
How to make Carrot Burfi:
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and add the grated carrot to it.Heat it to dry, stirring continuously.
- Repeat the same with grated coconut and keep it aside.
- Now boil milk with sugar until later dissolves in a seperate pan. Keep stirring.
- Mix in the carrot and coconut and again stir until it becomes thick.
- When it is cooked well, add the cashew nut pieces.
- Apply ghee on a tray and put the mixture in it.
- When firm cut into pieces when cool.
- Carrot burfi is ready to serve.
Burfi Rawa Sheera Ingredients:
- Burfi, crushed , (kesari or kalakand)4-5 pieces
- Semolina (rawa/suji) 1 cup
- Saffron (kesar) a few strands
- Milk 1 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Almonds, slivered 5-6
- Cashewnuts, chopped 5-6
- Raisins 5-6
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Burfi Rawa Sheera:
Dissolve saffron in a tablespoon of milk. Heat ghee in a kadai. Fry almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Drain and set aside. Add rawa to the same ghee and roast till golden brown. Heat remaining milk with one cup of water. When it comes to a boil add it to the roasted rawa. Cook, stirring continuously, so that rawa separates out. Add soaked saffron, sugar and green cardamom powder. Mix well. Continue to cook till all the water has been absorbed. Add crushed burfi, stir gently and continue to cook on low heat for another three to four minutes stirring occasionally. Garnish with fried almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Serve hot.
Broken Wheat Kheer Ingredients:
- 1 cup broken wheat
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp Cardamoms powder
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 2 1/2 cup water
How to make Broken Wheat Kheer:
- Grind the wheat in a dry grinder.
- Heat ghee in a pan kept on flame.
- Add the grounded wheat and saute till it turns pink in color.
- Now take it out and transfer it into a pressure cooker.
- Add water to the wheat and cook till it becomes very soft. It takes approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Now add jaggery to the cooked wheat and simmer for one minute. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the flame.
- Mix corn flour with coconut milk and add it to the porridge.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Broken wheat kheer is ready to serve.
Boondi Laddoo Ingredients:
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 pinch Kesari
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 pinch Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Melon seeds
- 1 tbsp Broken Cashew nut
- 2 cups Oil Sugar
- 1 cup Water
How to make boondi laddu:
- Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder and colour.
- Make a smooth thick batter. Heat the oil. Take the batter and pour it over a sieve with round holes.
- Tap it gently with a spoon so that small balls of dough fall into the oil. Make the balls and keep aside. Heat the sugar and water till reaches 1/2 thread consistency.
- Mix in the kesari melon seed and cardamom powder and fried boondies. When the mixture is still warm make into balls. Bondi Ladoo are ready to be served
- If the mixture cools balls cannot be made as the sugar crystallizes.
Bhapa Doi Ingredients:
- Pistachio nuts – 10, thinly sliced
- Almonds – 5
- Plain yogurt – 1 cup, whisked
- Raisins – 5
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk – 400 gms
- Water – 2 cups
How to make Bhapa Doi:
- Take in a bowl, milk, condensed milk and yogurt. Whip them together till they are mixed thoroughly.
- Put the raisins, almonds and pistachio nuts in it. Blend properly.
- Empty the mixture into a pudding mould. Use aluminum foil to cover the mold in a compact manner. Take care so that the mould is wrapped securely.
- Fill up half of a big bowl with water. Heat the water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and place the wrapped mold into the water. Make sure that the water does not splash into the mould. Cover the bowl. Steam it for about 20 minutes. Let it cool down on its own.
- Remove the cover of the bowl and take out the mould. Unwrap the cover of the mould. And refrigerate it for about 4 hours.
- Set a serving dish on top of the chilled mold and turn it upside down gently.
- Bhapa doi is ready to be tasted.
Besan Laddoo Ingredients:
- 2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 11/2 cup sugar (grinded)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 tsp each almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts (chopped)
How to make besan ladoo:
- In a kadhai mix gram flour and ghee over a low heat.
- Keep constantly stirring to avoid lumps.
- When it releases an appetizing smell, it is ready.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Add sugar and nuts to the gram flour and mix thoroughly.
- Now form ping-pong size balls of the mixture.
- Besan Laddoo are ready to be served.
Besan Ka Halwa Ingredients:
- Besan -1 Cup
- Sugar -3/4 Cup
- Ghee – 1/2 Cup
- Whole Milk – 1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder
- Almonds or Pistachios 10-12 chopped
How to make Besan Ka Halwa:
- Melt the ghee in a thick pan
- Add Besan and keep on stirring on low flame until the flour turns golden colour.
- Add cardamon, milk and sugar.
- Keep on stirring till the mixture turns thick.
Besan Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 Cup besan
- 1 Cup ghee
- 1 Cup milk powder
- 1-1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Pista
How to make Besan Burfi:
- Melt ghee and fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out.
- Transfer the mixture in another vessel and mix with milk powder.
- Make thick sugar syrup by combining water and sugar in a pot and heating them over low flame.
- Drop the fried besan mixture in the prepared sugar syrup and stir it.
- Add chopped pista or nuts and stir properly.
- Transfer to a greased plate.
- When firm cut into diamond shaped pieces and serve.