Recipes for almonds
Looking for almond recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 300 trusted almond recipes complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips.Sponsored Links:
Almond Soup Ingredients
15-20 almonds ( badam )
- 4 cups white stock (refer handy tip)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour ( maida )
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 3 to 4 drops almond essence
- salt and to taste
- 2 tbsp cream
How to make Almond Soup
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 mins, drain and remove skin.
- Keep 2-3 almonds aside and blend the remaining in the mixer till smooth utilizing a little stock.
- Cut the remaining almonds into slivers and bake them in an oven until crisp. Keep aside.
- Add the prepared almond paste on the white stock and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter inside a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and sauté over the slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously, fostering the flour doesn’t discolor.
- Add the almond paste and remaining white stock, mix well and give boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, almond essence, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Almond Soup is ready to serve, garnished with almond slivers.
Prepn Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Soaking Time: 10 Minutes
yield: 4 servings
- Combine 2 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (potatoes, onions, pumpkin and cabbage) with 5 glasses of water and pressure cook for Three to four whistles, blend till smooth and strain. You will definitely get 4 glasses of white stock, use as required.
Elegant Fig Appetizers with Goat Cheese and Almonds Ingredients
12 fresh figs, halved
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese (chevre)
- 24 almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
How to make Elegant Fig Appetizers with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- Preheat the oven broiler for high heat.
- Place the fig halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Top each half with about 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese. Place one almond on each, press to push the cheese slightly into each fig.
- Broil the figs in the preheated oven until the cheese is soft and the almonds are turning a rich shade of brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the broiler and let cool for 5 minutes. Arrange the figs on a serving platter and drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar. Serve warm.
- Elegant Fig Appetizers with Goat Cheese and Almonds Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:3 Min
Ready In:18 Min
Raspberry Cream Trifle Ingredients
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
How to make Raspberry Cream Trifle
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
- Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl.
- Top with half of the cream mixture.
- Carefully spread with jam.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries.
- Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and mint.
- Raspberry Cream Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 14-16 Servings
Strawberry Cream Trifle Ingredients
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 lemon
- 3 (8 ounce) containers blended strawberry yogurt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Strawberry Cream Trifle
- Coarsely chop almonds. Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes; set aside.
- Set aside one strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries and cut into quarters. In a small bowl combine fresh and frozen strawberries, mix well.
- Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons. Place in a large bowl and whisk in yogurt and pudding mix until smooth. Put half of the cool whip container in bowl and fold mixture inches Reserve the other half of the cool whip.
- To assemble trifle: place one third of the pound cake into bottom of a trifle bowl. Top pound cake with one-third of strawberry mixture. Top with half the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with one third of toasted almonds. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining pound cake cubes and remaining strawberries.
- To garnish, spread reserved cool whip topping over top of trifle, forming a flat surface. Sprinkle remaining almonds over cool whip. You can then sprinkle with powdered sugar and create a strawberry “fan” with reserved strawberry. To do this just use an egg slicer and place strawberry, stem down in the slicer. Slice most of the way down through the wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out the slices.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle ingredients
1 1/2 cups LAND O LAKES® Traditional Half & Half
- 1 (2.9-ounce) box custard pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sponge Cake
- Sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 All-Natural Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Chambord or orange juice
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh red raspberries, if desired
- Fresh mint leaves, if desired
How to make Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- Combine half & half and custard mix in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to boil (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cover surface with plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment or waxed paper; grease paper. Arrange 18-inch long piece of parchment or waxed paper on wire rack; sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat 4 egg whites in small bowl at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until glossy and stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 4 egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often until thick and lemon colored (5 minutes). Gently stir in beaten egg whites by hand, alternately with flour mixture, until just mixed.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan. Invert onto prepared parchment or waxed paper. Remove pan; peel off paper. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 2 cups whipped cream into cooled custard mixture.
- Trim off edges of cake; drizzle Chambord over cake. Spread jam onto cake. Cut into 24 (2 1/2×2-inch) rectangles. Place 12 cake rectangles, jam-side up, in bottom of 2 to 3-quart glass serving bowl. Spoon half of custard on top. Sprinkle with half of raspberries, half of chocolate and half of almonds. Repeat layers.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream on top of dessert. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Recipe is ready to serve.
prep time: 60 min.
total time: 1:45
yield: 12 servings
Chocolate Ground Almonds Cake Ingredients:
- 12 oz (340 g) semisweet chocolate (45-50 % cocoa)
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) milk
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) finely ground almonds
- 4/5 cup (180 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
How to make Chocolate Ground Almonds Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Line a 9 in (23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter and milk over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Fold inn ground almonds and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Please note that cakes of this type will collapse and look like a pie (see the picture).
Chicken Badami Korma Ingredients:
- 500 gm chicken with bones
- 250 gm yogurt, beaten
- 500 gm onions, finely sliced
- Whole all spices as required( cloves, whole black pepper, cinnamon, small and big cardamoms)
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp all spices powder
- 20 gm jaifel jalwatery
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- Few drops kewra
- 15-20 almonds, boiled and peeled, make paste
How to make Chicken Badami Korma:
- Heat the oil in pan and fry the onions till they are brown. Now take the onions out and set them aside.
- Now fry the garlic and ginger in same pan. Add chicken and cook it for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, red chili, coriander powder, cloves, whole black pepper, small and big cardamoms, cinnamon stick and salt.
- When chicken is cooked then add the crushed fried onions and kewra in it. Grind the jailfel and jalwatry and add it to korma and also add all spices powder.
- When chicken is ready then add almonds paste in it. Cook for 1 minute and serve it with naan.
Badam Thandai Ingredients:
- Almonds (Badam)- 50 gm
- Pista – 20 gm
- White pepper – 2 gm
- Cardamom (Ilaaichi) – 5
- Dried rose petals – 10
- Rose water – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 700 gm
- Sodium benzoate- one pinch
How to make Badam Thandai:
- Grind almonds, pista, white pepper, cardamom and rose petals in a mixer to make dry powder.
- Take 700 ml of water & 700 gm of sugar in a pan. Add grounded powder into it and heat till one fourth water evaporates.
- Filter the liquid 2-3 times.
- Dissolve saffron in rose water.
- Add saffron mixed rose water and sodium benzoate in already prepared filtered liquid. Churn it in mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Now the Badam Thandai is ready. It can be stored in fridge for 1 year. Whenever required, add it in appropriate quantity in a glass of milk or plain water and Serve it (There is no need to add sugar).
Baadaam Sharbat Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg almond (badam)
- 2 kg sugar
- 1 kg water
- 1 tsp saffron (kesar)
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder (hari elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp potassium meta bi sulphate
How to make badam ka sharbat:
- Soak badam in water for 8-10 hours.
- Peel the outer covering.
- Boil sugar, water, kesar and elaichi powder in it.
- Boil it to one sugar syrup strand.
- Let it cool, then add some syrup to badam and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add syrup and potassium meta bi sulphate to the above.
- Fill it in a bottle.
Baadaam Doodh Ingredients:
- Whole shelled Almonds: ½ Cup
- Milk: 3 cups
- Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
- Saffron: 4 strands
How to make Baadaam Doodh:
- Soak almonds in plenty of water over night. In the morning, peel off the skin.
- In an electric blender or Food Processor, put the almonds and about one cup of milk. Grind it to a smooth fine paste.
- In a heavy pan, put the almond paste, remaining milk, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Turn town heat to slow simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes. The milk will thicken because of almonds and the reduction in milk through evaporation. The reduced milk gives it a creamy texture.
- Stir in saffron. Cook another five minutes.