Almond Chicken Ingredients
Marinating time 1 hour shopping list
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″x3″ strips. shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine (or cooking sherry) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2″ slice ginger root, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock shopping list
- Coating: shopping list
- 1 egg, whisked together with 2 tsp. water shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 6 cups peanut oil, for frying shopping list
How to make Almond Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Place chicken in marinate, turning to coat. Marinate chicken for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, place chicken and egg. Turn to coat the chicken completely. Roll chicken strips in almonds to coat. Let amond coated pieces set 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350. Fry chicken pieces in batches 1 layer deep until crisp, golden brown. Be sure to let grease get back up to 350, between batches. Drain on paper towels. Serve Immediately.
- Almond Chicken is ready to serve.
Time : 30 Min