- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coffee Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- One and a half teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One and a half cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Three eggs
- One 1/2 cups sour cream
- One and a half teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Almond Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- One and a half teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
How to make Almond Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Heat stove to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake skillet. Within normal size bowl, blend all filling elements until well combined.
- In medium dish, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In big bowl, beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar along with electrical mixing machine upon moderate pace, scraping bowl occasionally, till cosy. Defeat within eggs, individually. Defeat in sour cream, vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract till combined. Progressively beat in flour combination till blended. Tea spoon 3 cups player into skillet. Spoon filling more than batter in order to inside 1/2 inch of advantage. Tea spoon remaining batter more than filling.
- Bake Fifty to 55 moments or till toothpick inserted in middle comes out thoroughly clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from skillet in order to air conditioning rack. Cool 20 minutes.
- In normal size bowl, blend just about all glaze ingredients till smooth as well as thin enough to drizzle. Mix in milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if necessary. Drizzle glaze over coffee cake. Function warm or even cool.
Almond Sour Cream Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings: 16 servings