Recipes for almond cake
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coffee Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- One and a half teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One and a half cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Three eggs
- One 1/2 cups sour cream
- One and a half teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Almond Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- One and a half teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
How to make Almond Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Heat stove to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake skillet. Within normal size bowl, blend all filling elements until well combined.
- In medium dish, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In big bowl, beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar along with electrical mixing machine upon moderate pace, scraping bowl occasionally, till cosy. Defeat within eggs, individually. Defeat in sour cream, vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract till combined. Progressively beat in flour combination till blended. Tea spoon 3 cups player into skillet. Spoon filling more than batter in order to inside 1/2 inch of advantage. Tea spoon remaining batter more than filling.
- Bake Fifty to 55 moments or till toothpick inserted in middle comes out thoroughly clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from skillet in order to air conditioning rack. Cool 20 minutes.
- In normal size bowl, blend just about all glaze ingredients till smooth as well as thin enough to drizzle. Mix in milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if necessary. Drizzle glaze over coffee cake. Function warm or even cool.
Almond Sour Cream Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings: 16 servings
Badam Cake Ingredients
Almonds (badam) 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 1/4 cup
How to make Badam Cake
- Soak almonds in warm water and remove skin
- Grind all the almonds together (without water) and make a paste. You can maybe add very little water..
- To this paste add the sugar and heat this mixture in a heavy non-stick pan.
- Keep stirring and keep adding ghee when you feel that the mixture needs a little moisture.
- After about 15 minutes, the mixture becomes small in quantity…transfer to a greased dish, spread the mixture and cut into desired shape.
Badam Cake is ready to serve.
Microwave Badam Cake Ingredients
2 cups almond (badam) paste ground with half tsp of saffron (kesar) strands
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ghee for greasing the plate on which you pour the mixture when done
How to make Microwave Badam Cake
- Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour half the quantity in a extra large glass bowl
- And keep it on micro hi for 6 minutes. take it out
- Every two minutes and mix well. add 1 tablespoon
- Ghee. then micro high for another 6 to 8 minutes
- Stirring every two minutes and when it is done you
- Will find that the mixture is of a consistency like
- Fresh concrete mixture. immediately pour in a
- Greased plate. cut into equal pieces when cool.
Microwave Badam Cake is ready to serve.
Almond Chocolate Cake Ingredients
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated regular or amaretto-flavored nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
How to make Almond Chocolate Cake
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat until combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the creamer and remaining chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with almonds.
Almond Chocolate Cake is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Almond Butter Coffee Cake Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4, cup shortening
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cake yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/16 teaspoon mace
- 1/16 teaspoon cardamom
How to make Almond Butter Coffee Cake
- Add sugar, salt and shortening to milk and cool to lukewarm.
- Add crumbled yeast and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and 1% cups flour; beat well. Add remaining flour sifted with spices; then knead well.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Knead down and let rise again. Shape into 2 coffee cakes and place in greased pans. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Spread almond mixture on top and let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake in moderate even (375° F.) 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Almond Butter Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Total Time105 min